Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just back after a long break from 40K and from Heresy, and to celebrate my return I want to start a new army. However I can't decide which. Now I know we all hate these threads but I need a hand choosing.

I've narrowed it down to three different options; Night Lords, Tau or Raven Guard. Here is a short summary on my thoughts for each:

Night Lords: I want to make a fun army with these guys, not really caring about competitiveness. The background for them intrigues me and I'm a big background guy. Fun and fluffy would be my objectives if I went with this choice.

Tau: Recently I have been looking at the Tau and they seem pretty interesting. I like the whole techno-amazingness thing they have going on, and the suits and flying tanks look like fun. If I went for the Tau I would be going for a very mobile, suit and tank heavy army.

Raven Guard: Similar to the Night Lords, the Raven Guard really interest me. If I went for them I would either use C:SM with or without Shrike or use C:BA for all the jump-pack goodness.

Pros and cons, questions and general musings are all great, so please throw in your thoughts, its appreciated.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys! :D

So far I think I am leaning more towards the Night Lords, but more opinions would be great!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the help guys, you've all got some rep as a thank you :)

I've decided to go for the Night Lords and use the BA codex primarily (maybe use the CSM codex ocassionally, just for a change). It's sounds like great fun, thanks for all the thoughts and suggestions it's all been really helpful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.