Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Returning Chaos army

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  jenbuu 
#1 ·
Hey guys
Im a little stuck where to go with an army that i had in storage, Basically the last time i played it was all one codex and when they split i didn't have time to play anymore so it went into storage.
recently got the itch to get back into playing and painting but i dont know what state my army is in.

WH40k Chaos marines - Album on Imgur what is basically what state my army is in and im thinking a lord and some armor.

I like slaanesh as the god but i dont mind having other units, i just dont know how it works atm

any help would be grateful

#2 ·
That's practically a blank slate. If you're sticking with slaanesh I'd buy up stuff now. It looks like gw is leaning towards reducing slaanesh's part in 40k as they did in age of Sigmar. I hope they don't but slaanesh is a tough sell for the marketing dept.

You have a bunch of solid pieces in there. Check out the newer daemon engines, the plastic army kits (dark vengeance, betrayal at calth, and the upcoming prospero one.)

#3 ·
i will have a look
Ive managed to acquire a hellbrute as well from ebay so that will be arriving soon.
Been told that i need some transport for my troops which is something i was looking at, so either rhinos or landraiders

deamon engine, do you mean the forgefiend? as im wanting one of those!

#4 ·
Rhinos are a must in most chaos armies.

Daemon engines are the part of chaos space marines I like the most. They're the only really unique part. Crazy, mutated, baroque, partially living, machines of destruction.

So yes, I mean forge/ mauler fiends. I also mean Heldrakes, defilers, and all the other Forge World ones: blood slaughterers, brass scorpions, Lord of skulls, decimator engines, chaos knight titans, nurgle plague hulk, blight drone, as well as the hell blade/ hell talon fighters.

#5 ·
i did have a defiler but sold it off years ago, which now im gutted i sold. Brass scorpion seems interesting but the model is so expencive saying that so is the chaos knight but i really do like that.

Tho part of me now is thinking that i should just give up with the slaanesh and maybe go with thousand sons

#6 ·
Is say stick with what you like. Don't just change "because." I've played mostly khorne and undivided with a smattering of tzeentch, slaanesh, and nurgle for years. Collect what you like!

#7 ·
from what i can see in the pictures, you could go with an all foot army.
Something like

Lord Huron (for infiltrate) - use lucius model here

20 slaanesh marinesh with ccw, and powerfist + 2 meltaguns & icon of excess
10 marines with ccw,veterans, powerfist, 2 meltaguns

5 noise marines, blastmaster

5 havocs, 3 missile launchers

Nurgle Oblit
Nurgle Oblit

Should be within 1350 pts

from there you could add some punch with 5 slaanesh bikers with banner f excess and 2 meltaguns or 5 nurgle spawns

this looks to me a nice casual army with minimum buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.