Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Master of the Watch
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

With 2014 just around the corner I am setting myself a new hobby goal for the new year. This happily coincides with the rumours of a new Tyranid codex, and so I once again find myself in control of the swarm. Having sold my last Tyranid army I am going to start from scratch and aim for a higher tabletop standard.

My aim for this army is to produce one finished force organization slot per month in natural and uniform looking swarm colours with a 'shell' like carapace and an organic flesh tone. Since I do not have access to a good airbrush this will be entirely hand painted.

I had an old broken Carnifex kicking around form my old army so I going to use him as a test model. Ill post updates here once at least once every two weeks, throughout the year.

Hope you enjoy :)

·
Master of the Watch
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After a lazy afternoon I have mocked up the test model.

Stage One.

And after some highlights

What do you guys think of the colours?

·
Master of the Watch
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right I've got the colours to the point where I am happy with them. So without further ado January's project is.....A Tervigon with 40 termagants, a very swarmy albeit very small legal army.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Nice stuff - i do like the colours. Should look pretty creepy with all those gants :victory:

Personally i would add something else to the carapace to break it up a little, maybe some black or white?

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Looking good so far! :good:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
That Carnifex certainly looks 'fleshy', good job! I like the way you're handling the green, it's very gross and slimy looking.

·
Master of the Watch
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks man, im gonna get some arms on that fex and see how the claws look in the colours

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Well done I like the direction your going in but i would suggest using a different coor for the carapace. Otherwise the models will lookunfinished. But then again that is only my opinion. On the other hand having a mob of Nids painted like that will make them all seem like on giant blob coming at you from across the table which i guess is the point. But i still think the larger orginasms should stand out easily from the rest of the swarms.

·
Master of the Watch
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just read the new white dwarf, I shall be adding a few new goodies to the years goal.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Just read the new white dwarf, I shall be adding a few new goodies to the years goal.
Got it right here - unopened - in my lap :yahoo:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts