Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Return of the Squats!!!

4K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  Zogstrukka 
#1 ·
The dwarven aquvilant of 40k was called the Squats, and were amoungst the most formidable armies until they were removed as being overpowered. Now, the time is right for their return in both model and novel. Let meknow what you think.

#5 ·
i'd love to see the squats return, alas, i don't see it happening.

where did you hear this "news"? a reputable source?

#6 · (Edited)
Considering the only Squat news was an unofficial, fan made codex where they'd updated Squts for 5th edition... I seriously doubt we'll see their return. If they really were returning, there would have been rumours waaaayyyyy before now.

Edit: Not to mention the twin facts that Squats sold even less then Necrons and Dark Eldar, and in all official fluff and books thy were eaten by the Tyranids...

The only thing tht was 'solid' for a return of them, was the White Dwarf subcription model being of the White Dwarf as a Squat.. with the space helmet etc. And that was quickly pointed out as 'just a bit of fun' by GW.

#7 ·
Squats weren't removed from the product line because they were too powerful. They were removed because they didn't sell...get ready for it...'squat'.

In a fantasy setting, dwarves are a fine addition, but to a grim gothic space adventure, with unknown horrors traveling throughout the stars, and an insanely zealous religious cult controlling the fate of humanity...space dwarves just don't fit. In fact, they're absolutely ridiculous.

I haven't heard anything about a return, and they'd have to be insane to do so. If you really want Squats, just use dwarven/squat models and the Imperial Guard codex.

#10 ·
Please chaos gods almighty, do not let this be! I hope this is just a sick unpleasant joke! :( lol nah not really. im not bothered by the whole "Squat" Thing. They just really dont appeal to me.

#14 ·
This isn't a joke, GW has been talking about releasing a new race. Squats would be just uninventive enough to work. They could hash up some old codex and go from there... wait... not that's just me being mad at GW for upping their costs...

woog out!

#15 ·
this really has popped up a million times, well a good indication on the return of squats would be the white dwarf subscriber model, i mean if that is not a squat in progress, tell me what is :biggrin:

#17 ·
Oi. Even in Epic, the Squats were passed over for ANYTHING more flashy...at least until you actually played the Orcs. Hell, you had to bring multiple Collossus and hope your opponent read the fluff and didn't equip his damn titan with multiple warp missles and erase half your army in one salvo...but that's another story. My store was practically giving squat pieces away as door gifts.

After my experience in Epic, all I want to know is why can't Squats show up with thier Rattling and Ogryn bretheren? I wouldn't ask for an entire codex...I'm not greedy. Besides, who wouldn't like to see an Imperial centerpiece with stronger morale than the Astartes?

"What do you mean they've killed Fred, Sam, George, Michael, Adam, the hearthguard, both Living Ancestors, the Warlord and wiped out the guildforce? Throne, man! Show some gumption, at least the odds are getting even. Here, have a cigar."

#18 ·
i've actually seen an army of squats back in the day and they were pretty funny. The guy had them as a joke but it just popped in my head. I'd just laugh and pack up my stuff if someone started setting up space dwarves across from me. That's worse then space wolves.
woog out!

#19 ·
not that i have any inside knowledge to the inner workings of 40K, but the only thing i could think GW would seriously bring back Squats in would be in a new Tau codex (not that there's any proof that even C:T is coming out, this is all just FLGS discussion) as the Demi-Urge, and allied race to the Tau Empire kinda of like the Kroot are allied to the Tau.

that's about the only way it would make sense to me, and it would be proof (to me, at least) that GW got it's sense of humor bike.

i might pick up a Tau army just for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.