Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After recently borrowing the foot troops from my old Red Scorpion Marine army back of the mate i had sold them to so that I could get some pics for the Space Marine Gallery, i have regreted selling then more and more.

My mate upon hearing me bemoan my idiocy at flogging an up and running army, has said that i can buy them back at the price i sold them for and even better on an hire purchase basis.

This is of course something i could only say yes to, so i have.

The army is very troop heavy so i only really have to paint all the special bits and replace all the old style rhinos hulls with the new ones.

I am over the moon with this result and it means that i have a viable army to get playing again. Brighton Warlords are going to be getting a visit from Vash very soon.:eyebrow:

·
Registered
821 Posts
>> Why do you HAVE to change the rhinos? Keep the old ones, give yer army a bit of old skool flavour. :peace:

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have too FW, but I sure don't want to mix them and to be honest ive been painting the old ones for over two thirds of my life and fancy a change. :wink:

It will be a gradual process as its 2x Razorback, 3x Rhino, 1x Whirwind,1x Vinicator and I have a limited wallet atm.

The plan is to move this army up to Apocalypse size, seeing as Wertypop has stolen a bit of a march on me with his guard and must have about 4000pts by now these old RS of mine give me a fighting chance to catch him up.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
4000 points guard is quite impresssive when theres no one to play with!

and good vash, perhaps you could old skool your vehicles like that pre heresy army in the painting and modelling section. new models, old skool.
I know Ive been buying like mad.But there is not much else to do in the Falkands so ive been painting and glueing a fair bit:wink:

And even with 4000pts Vash would most likely still beat me with less:worried:

·
Mohawk-Wearing Crazyman
564 Posts
Sounds like a bit of luck!

I'd love to get my hands on some of the armies I painted way, way back when... *sigh*

Happy for you, none the less.

·