Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
41 - 60 of 398 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·

I have big plans for the inside of it too, I'm thinking along the lines of a few symbols of heresy and some sort of rituals performed by the renegades.

I still need to add about a billion details to these clearly, and I'm tempted to chuck another panel behind the big front door to give it more length and seem more spacey.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Oh dude, you got some sorta citedel-y arch thing going on, nice!
I certainly do :D

I've made some minor adjustements, adding some small details to the outside in foamboard.

I started doing the re-bar for some of it when I ran out of the right plasticard rods so that will have to wait for a bit :(

I added another board to the front as I think it really sells the whole shape a lot better.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Yeah I was thinking maybe there isn't enough rubble just yet...

So this is Nancy.

Her main gun is coming along well too, just thickening it and creating an interesting shape out of plasticard first.

But I still think it could work if it was bigger than that.

The rib structure is actually cat-5 cables that I've found lying around and decided would make a good base for big easy ribs when I start to add details.

I'll be working on a base for the head next... I'll need all the patience I can get.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
So this is what I've got done in the few hours I've had today...

Nancy1
Nancy2
Nancy3

I've put a little bit of putty between the "ribs" I can reach and will probably have to buy some square plasticard beams that can hold the legs in without them rolling around to give me less trouble when trying to set up a final position.

I will do more work on the front arms and hopefully have the start of the head tonight.

I've decided that the new middle panel I built wasn't up to my liking either, so I've gone with something a little simpler for now.

Another view
From the top...
Top view

I quite like this view, I should of put models in there "duking it out".
Cinematic view

Also started on building up some rubble and sand base for the older pieces...

Amazing how much difference a little bit of sand can make to the piece.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Oh yeah that, I put the wall piece up there before, I just took the picture beforehand.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Very creative work, well done.

My comments...:)

1). Is that phone number valid? As I called and did some heavy breathing but you hung up on me... not very polite. :)
2). Centrum is a great multivitamin! Take them more often.

Now for serious comments.

Love your ideas, when you sit down, I would be interested to know how you plan the project, any insight? or do you just look at something and think that would be great as ribs? or do you look around for something to use a ribs? (using your cable as an example). Very creative in any regard. :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Very creative work, well done.

My comments...:)

1). Is that phone number valid? As I called and did some heavy breathing but you hung up on me... not very polite. :)
2). Centrum is a great multivitamin! Take them more often.

Now for serious comments.

Love your ideas, when you sit down, I would be interested to know how you plan the project, any insight? or do you just look at something and think that would be great as ribs? or do you look around for something to use a ribs? (using your cable as an example). Very creative in any regard. :)
HAHAHA!

1) It's the number for a local telstra shop. Was having trouble with my phone and yeah... that's it.
2) I don't know if its doing anything yet but I have gained super-powers.

I don't really have much of a plan, I have a small sketchbook that is just pages off being completely filled and I draw and write about anything that sort of sparks my brain.

I have found that collecting useful looking bits and pieces here and there can add a lot more than you ever intended. I found the cables in a box of stuff I have that is all very useful given the right circumstance so it fit together well.

But as I said... most of my projects tend to veer off a completely different path soon after construction starts mainly due to my lack of patience.

THAT being said...

I really wish I could say I've been busy but that would just be a blatant lie... The truth is I've lost a lot of momentum lately and been quite sick.

I've begun a small ruined building-turned fortification.

And begun plastering up a few of the smaller pieces here and there...

Unfortunately my camera ran out of batteries straight after I uploaded these so I'll have to go down tomorrow and get a hold of some more for the time being.

I am going to (within the next week) rip the whole chapel off its bases and put it down again onto a single bit board and also increase the height with some 25mm blue foam.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Remember to make it detachable!
One-piece buildings are great and all, but they suck to transport!
I won't be doing that, I prefer intricate pieces that can be wholly replaced as opposed to a big piece that won't look right if chunks of it don't fit together nice and smooth... but that's just my inner creativity OCD.

I got up to a stage where I've realised the whole thing needs a big base to sit on like more traditional chapels and also inspiration from some recent terrain I've looked at so here it what I've done.

It is sitting on a 25mm thick slab of blue foam that I've cut down roughly at first as I intend to add a lot of damage so the accuracy isn't SUCH a big deal I feel.

The circle sections with lines coming out I want to have as implosions and the circle areas will be collapsed wall that will have rubble falling down to the MDF board.

Kind of very eager to get started on this again properly but I've gotta really plan it out a bit better.

And because of what I've done, I have THESE(link) leftover and I guess I'll just make them into either make shift cover sections of wall or... maybe some small themed scenery pieces... Oh the possibilities.

I really like how these two have come out, not finished yet but they did come out fairly well considering what it looked like before I chopped it up and stuck it to the board.

Better get to sleep, got a big day tomorrow!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
No I mean that they were walls that were blown up and pushed inwards by the explosion.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The paintjobs are passable, but as a converter and terrain maker you kick a ton of ass. I'd hire you for a commission without a second's notice :biggrin:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
The paintjobs are passable, but as a converter and terrain maker you kick a ton of ass. I'd hire you for a commission without a second's notice :biggrin:
HAHAHAH! My painting is kinda of horrible... I havn't really had anything to try and improve on lately though as I don't wanna go painting single guardsmen for fun. I want it done right.

I've been working at trying to add some details to some of the disasters of sculpting I have laying around... at least until my large nerdhammer order arrived in a few days (hopefully).

I've put flayed skin on him in areas but they arn't really showing up all that well, and the adding of fingers and toes has done a lot to show him off.

The little man from the test tube.

I don't think I want to do much more to him, just fill in the spots and cracks from the putty and maybe add some tiny little viens or something like that.

Then the fun part of trying to get him to go into the tube properly...

And this is the other test tube guy. He's going to look a lot more deformed than the other one as it clearly shows here...

So that's all I have for now, back to work!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I've gotta find some guitar strings that I can use for the guardsmen and also for these little abominations as I feel regular wires don't cut the mustard quite the same.

The first chunk of my nerdhammer order arrived today which is exciting news except all the guardsmen stuff is in the next batch :(

I plan to use the panels down the left side of the door to make a sort of dark-angels-cloaked-guy-holding-a-sword style statue and the rest I'll make up.

One of my armies Priests, I would of liked a more aggresive pose but I don't think I have it in me to pose him.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND this is what the chapel looks like right now. I'm going to start detailing the floor and the walls a bit and see where I end up. after that then maybe work on some simple fortifications.

41 - 60 of 398 Posts