Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 40 of 398 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
And since I don't know what these are for otherwise, a nice little objective marker or maybe some other sort of marker to use in game.
Ive always wondered what you should do with that skull and whats its for. Please enlighten me. :biggrin:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Me too ha.

A little more work done on the captains and stuff tonight.

It's amazing how much some little rivets can add to it.

Sargeant Kell is really coming along as is Al-Rahem.

This particular Leman Russ was attached with a pair of big-ass pliers. I think it might need more damage and perhaps some chaos-related vandalism.

This guy I am thinking is going to be a spawn-type creature with a lascannon or something hanging out its back, may count as a weapons team and could make a few more if I like how this one turns out.

So this concludes tonights chapter.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thank you bob :)

My pride so far is instilled mostly in this piece.

The idea is the team has been pinned down by a sniper and one is luring the other sniper to fire so their teams sniper can take him/it out and then return to busting tanks wide open.

I might try and do a few more Heavy Weapon Team bases with themes or stories or what-have-you-term.

I've run out of milliput and so had to bulk this guy out with greenstuff which I'm really not liking. but at least his shape is a little more obvious now, and also his size, still not sure what to count him as, sentinel or weapon team.

And since all my other buildings were ruined I decided to try my hand today at starting some new ones.

This one I want as a sort of gene-facility, so those tubes will be filled one day with little embryo-type alien things and lots of wires and that kind of cool stuff here and there with some effort and luck.

Just a simple bombed-out building. the base rubble is just to give the base a bit of depth as I felt it needed some craters somewhere.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The thin white cables? they are actually super thin plasticard rods. I think 1mm and maybe .5mm thick.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
There are some spectacular conversions here. What is the plan for the badly damaged tank? Terrain piece or functional unit? Its just that the damage looks quite extensive.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Honestly, I have no idea. I think I like it as a terrain piece, but how to use it I got no idea, would look kinda cool on a base with certain battlefield implements around it but then it wont go well when I finish (if) my table.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

I've made a base for a head tonight and might work on the actual mechanics of how the lascannon will fit onto his back next.

These little boys are "experiments" for the tubes, I don't know what else to do, might make them slightly one sided and deformed like the spawn heavy weapon team.

And something I think will be quite fun, a gaunt cut in half and then shaved down to a perfectly flat surface. Might use it on the base of one of the heavy weapon teams or possibly a regular.

TYRANIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait to get more work done on this but I am splitting myself between my pen/pencil art, painting canvas and sculpting so my time is very limited at the moment. I hate having so much on the go but the list is slowly getting smaller.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Dude, WTF is that thing???
It looks more Chaos than Tyranid to me, as in, Chaos vehicles.
Or Dark Eldar stuff even...
Ummm... it is a tyranid.

A heirophant or whatever they are called.

I've decided to start basing and cleaning up/finishing some of the older terrain pieces I have lying around that have been lying on my desk for maybe a year if not a little more.

This was a full 8 pointed star but I think it works better as the chaos version of the broken Aquila piece that shows up everywhere.

Some sort of space marine shrine/temple.

I don't know what else to add to this unless I make a few dead marines lying about, both chaos and loyal, maybe two that died facing off like the elevator scene in smokin' aces.

A bit of a chaos shrine, I was thinking of having big columns at the front, or maybe small ones that make a small path to the stairs.

This is how I think the leman russ is best used. I may change the layout of this a lot when I come to actually make it but basically the idea is a very close range ambush and the russ carcass left in the streets.

That's all I have for now, but I hope over the next week to get a lot more work done.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Loving the star, would be a great piece to play with, very characterful.
And the Leman Russ too, but I think it needs a bit more damage; like, for example, the top hatch has Melta bombed open, and the guys inside wasted.
Yeah the star was a good idea, not sure why I never did that before.

How would a melta bomb attack look? Like an inch of tank opened up by a glowing molten-slag hole? similar to the melta shots I've already put on the tank, but like 2-3 times the size?

Corpses inside might be a little advanced for me, as I don't wanna open the tank up THAT much, but the turret, treads and a couple of pieces of the hull are seriously damages, I would imagine the crew were just sitting ducks as the enemy lifted the hatch and threw in some nades.

But as always, you have good comments to add.

Added some simple columns to the base of what will be a shrine, with the giant gamesworkshop space marine statue at the top.

I decided against the russ rolling between roads for the ambush scene so I went for it driving through a ruined building when it gets hit.

The hard question is how am I gonna make room for troops to have set up a clear ambush on the board now though, I've been thinking of making another board and reverting back to my old plan and simple making extra boards that come off it to give the buildings the ambushers used as cover some extra length and presence, but we will see.

I guess I'll also need to order some gaurdsmen to use simply as the dead men on this base.

Over and out!

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
What I mean about the tank is, have the top hatch melted open, like it's just been burnt away or something, a big hole through the middle of it; and just have a bit of slag inside the turret so it doesn't look wrong, and that's it.

Shrine looks nice, it'll be sweet when the statue's on there.
Might want to magnetise it though, to save space, it's pretty damn tall.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
What I mean about the tank is, have the top hatch melted open, like it's just been burnt away or something, a big hole through the middle of it; and just have a bit of slag inside the turret so it doesn't look wrong, and that's it.

Shrine looks nice, it'll be sweet when the statue's on there.
Might want to magnetise it though, to save space, it's pretty damn tall.
I was thinking it might be good to use my happy plier friends to cut the shrine in half perhaps and have it crashed over. But that is in the mix.

I get what you mean with the tank now... but hmmm...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I didn't get anything really done tonight, I've been out til only a few hours ago so yeah. That's my excuse.

I added tiles to this piece and pva on exposed foam bits.

And just some pictures of the russ damage.

·
The Yellow King
890 Posts
looking awesome i need to ask what is that product you have used for the columns looks very handy to me :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
looking awesome i need to ask what is that product you have used for the columns looks very handy to me :)
Its orange foam, a friend of mine bought it for me, online somewhere. You'd have to find out yourself unfortunately cos I've got no idea ha.

The tiles need to be a bit broken.
Like half of them should be shattered, like they were hit with a hammer.
Obviously hitting them with a hammer wouldn't do anything, so that means you'd need to cut them.
Yeah I know this, but I figured since I cut the pieces out at random and stuck them down, I'll wait for them to dry and damage them, that way I don't have to pre-plan my floor and any damage patterns.

My latest monster terrain piece.

This will have a sort of theme, or a story. I want to have a few imperial traitor guardsmen lying dead amongst the rubble here. My thoughts are that they went AWOL and huddled up together in this building and when the space marines found it they blasted open the sides and laid waste to them, in a sort of equilibrium gun-combat style.

I'm just hoping I can find time to put it all together and get something worth showing done soon.

21 - 40 of 398 Posts