Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 398 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've been out of action for quite some time because of a lack of workable camera. And although I have a temporary replacement, its not the best but anyway here's what I've been up to.

The first off is my daemon prince, hes been in a WIP stage for what seems like forever and only now do I see how grossly oversized he is.

This fella here was supposed to be a present but now I guess it's going to a worthy cause.

A very rough idea for a Tervigon I am attempting too.

I took the carnifex apart I had and glued the chest back together at about a 45degree angle to give it more thickness and spread out the back a lot more.

The next 2 are buildings I've made from cardboard as mock-ups for a table I plan to get to work on sooner or later.

This is what I guess I could only describe as a Seed-plant. I want to have the big back room full of all kind of servitor arms and bits and pieces to dismantle marines or maybe a station where they go through some ritual blessings. (I'm not that big on fluff info so if anyone has a better idea, let me hear it!)

This one is a big temple that I was inspired from one of the opening chapters of 'The Dark Apostle' but their chapel was inside a cruiser, still. It was the inspiration none-the-less.

This was a great idea to begin with but kind of let me down after the painting (which is in no-way finished) and such so I may go still add some things and also sand it back to a more square shape in areas.

The first one was an idea I took from a piece of art in the 4th edition space marine codex. I don't know what it is exactly but I think it's still very cool. Unsure of a base or anything I could add.

The second is a bunch of simple markers I figured I would find uses for since I have so many spare bolters and that kind of junk.

The last is a piece I made for a friend of mine. I originally wanted it bigger but that never came to fruition, perhaps I may still increase the size but that would be down the track.

And my favourites:

These are the start of my traitor guard army. I have a few more models but there isn't much converting on them yet, I intend to go a long way with these in terms of modeling but I've been swamped with a bunch of other projects for either myself or friends.

And the piece de resistance(is that even the right phrase?)
My model for Colonel 'Iron Hands' Straken:

I went with adding as much as I could but I think he could still use a gas mask and pipes here and there, the shotgun I don't know exactly what to do as there is little room but I'm considering a sort of sling for him or making the plasma pistol and shotgun interchangeable. But haven't thought that far ahead :D

So hopefully this is the beginning of a very long road for me and I hope to be making more and more frequent trips with updates!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
All of that was amazing good sir have some rep I especially love the Trygon and Fex

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Holy fuck, that Straken is SEX!
What did you use for the skull heads by the way? They're damn fine.

And for the Shotgun, first of all interesting, simple conversion, a little more work and it'd look pretty good, I'd probably remove or change the back bit, it looks pretty retarded when you've cut half the gun off, perhaps the stock of a Lasgun could be put there.
And yeah, a sling on his back would work fine.

I'd also probably put a big Chaos symbol on his chest, to distinguish him a little more.

Anyway, what the hell are those random pieces of card on the Lasguns? :S

Sweet work man!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All of that was amazing good sir have some rep I especially love the Trygon and Fex
Those traitor guard look awesome, but so does most of the other stuff. Hope you get it all finished one day :)

+rep
I hope I can get it all done too. I have so much on my plate all up and I don't wanna get too far behind myself but hopefully some updates for the guardsmen soon!

The tervigon has gained some weight but I'm not happy with where its ending up, I'm half considering taking the plates off and the gut stuff and re doing it all into a nicer shape.

My ork battlewagon and 1/2 so far, but have no clear ideas for the 2nd one at the moment.

And just some eggs for the tervigon or maybe objective markers.

Not a lot to show but at least its progress none-the-less.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I redid the tervigon up to this stage

I thought it looked a little better and gave me more room to work plus I wouldnt use as much putty building up the armour plates if I cover them in scraps of plasticard first.

Another mock up for a building, I'm running low on cardboard unfortunately as I'd like to make a few more like this or maybe much bigger ones.

And these guys have had a tiny bit of work done, I gave random guys in the squads kneepads and elbowpads but the camera really doesn't pick up fine stuff that much. I put a bloodletter head on the chest but I think I might need to try it again and shave more of the head off. Perhaps straken needs a collar or something?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't wait to actually get to painting them either!

This was in my last post but I added some straws to it for a bit more of a 3d feel and I think it comes together a lot better now.

The rest are just random shaped building chunks that I've made for mock ups. I intend to get started on the proper attempts in a couple of weeks if I'm lucky.

that's it, nothing else to really say.

·
Registered
290 Posts
really good looking traitor guard! im thinking of doing some nurgle-y ones myself, like the idea with the skulls you've had! and the bloodletters head on the dudes chest is nicely done

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! got a long way to go and hoping to get some more command squad kits soon to make custom models for all the special characters I'll be using.

So uh... Long story short... My dog ate and chewed up all the mock-ups I made last I was on but I made some newer ones that hopefully will fit the bill a little better.

Just a simple but large sized building, not sure if I want to make another section on it yet.

These turn into...

A simple landing pad-type thing.

And these are crashed raiders for a mate, need some dark eldar bodies to make some gore bits and pieces but its a start.

Thats the end of that chapter.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A scale shot for sir.

Sorry about the stupid objective marker in the way, but he doesn't stand up so well on his own. ha.

Some dark eldar giblets I've sculpted, still working on it as its a whole new process to work that small but I think they came out alright.

The tervigon has some vents now, I don't know what they do but they are there.

Here is Straken again, with 3 of the sargaents I hope to use for my army, still very much WIP.

And these happy fellows are my conversions for Chenkov and Sargaent Kell, the whip I want to have looking like its electrified, as I want to have him pushing forward a squad of "slave" guardsmen.

And my new favourite model, Guardsmen Marbo. The idea for the grenade-speargun came from just needing a weapon that was powerful and not as boring some sort of suped-up laspistol plus its relatively silent which suits him.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Fucking LOVING Marbo!
However, strapping grenades to a spear, really wouldn't work.
I suggest you take them off, it'll look better (in my opinion) as well.
Other than that, damn man, he looks awesome!

Get some more shots of his demo charge, and face.
It looks like you've done something to the face, but I can't tell what.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I tried to give him a sort of joker-esque smile. I'll have to GS him and make it more obvious, I put some plastic cement on his face and prodded it a little as the glue makes it nice and soft but it didn't hold long and sort of sunk into the gaps ha.

I like the grenades, it packs a punch! I was thinking the demo charge needs more nades and perhaps some sorts of fuses? as well as the spear gun maybe needing a small rope or wire?

Thanks sir!

I do have some bad news unfortunately AGAIN it seems my gorgeous dog has found his way into the shed and destroyed the 2nd round of mock up buildings... So the next lot of buildings will have to be the legit versions as I don't have enough cardboard to make decent mock ups anymore...

I do however have this fellow back for a bit.

He's been going better and better, im slowly adding more and more details to him, I want to have little spinal shards out the back on the top and need to cover up the vents with putty to give them less smooth shape. then carve into them the small vent details.

And here is his best mate:

I apologise for the blurry pictures, the camera wasn't cooperating tonight in any way and I figured something is better than nothing. the marines arms and legs will be soon enough, I want the legs fairly sunk into the ground to show just how heavy this beast was when it trampled him.

Now for a more space marine style question:

I'm trying to make belts/straps for my mates sternguard boltguns and I have no idea for a good way to make them look good and hold the gun so if anyone has any ideas or pictures of conversions they have done for this I'd love to see it.

I hope to get more done soon but I've been rather swamped lately with other stuff.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am working in a traitor guard mixing and matching FW bodies with the normal kits, i love the skull heads and I would be intrested in getting some if you wouldn't mind sharing where you got them from.

keep it up

SoI

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awsome work!
Thanks man!

I am working in a traitor guard mixing and matching FW bodies with the normal kits, i love the skull heads and I would be intrested in getting some if you wouldn't mind sharing where you got them from.

keep it up

SoI
Nah no forgeworld, I need to work on my sculpting and there is no better way than working on something like this.

I got the skulls all from chaos vehicle sprues. They have spikey sets of spikes and yeah... cut them off and cheap em up and ta-da!

The chaos continues!

I've been making excuses not to work on my guardsmen, I guess cos I don't want to ruin my work with my terrible painting.

Magnetised this guys special weapon load-out, hope to do it to the other 3 special weapons guys I have built up so far as it provides quick options.

This man is my custom chaos Creed. I decided to try and bulk out the chest a bit, I might put tattered rags on his back and some other bits and pieces. The arm pointing I really don't like either, but not sure what I could give him.

The guy on the left is my Kell, his back spikes fell off during some rough-housing so I'll be putting tougher ones up and his mate is a soldier from AL-Rahem's person squad.

I want them all with the ragged desert warrior look and it came out better than I was thinking - even if it took a few tries.

And since I don't know what these are for otherwise, a nice little objective marker or maybe some other sort of marker to use in game.

1 - 20 of 398 Posts