Sentinels (Max) + 9
-Officer & Standard + 2

Solos

Narn + 3
Lanyssa + 2
Magister + 2
Magister + 2
Arcanist + 1

The idea is to Sentinel rush using Discorrdia's Force Barrierr and Rhans Polarity Shield to protect them from counter attacks. The rest of the army right behind them. Battle Mages to left and right with Narn in the middle. The 2 Warjacks covering the flanks while the tool boxes provide support as needed.

On the Feat turn I abuse my opponents army or kill the caster.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Very strong magic list there. I've looked through some of the Ret stuff, though I'm not very familiar with some of it. The battle mages are pretty nasty, especially with Rhan and his feat - a unit of them will be able to move the enemies key models pretty much wherever you want them to be. (For those not in the know, Rhan gives all spells cast boosted attacks/damage and extra range, so the battle mages become engines of destruction on feat turn.)

Now, I know Discordia is the new Character Jack for ret, but I have no idea what it does. Could you give us a quick run down? :)

As for the list, looks like a solid Rhan list, though there might be some very bad match-ups for it in a tournament. Armies with protection from spells from various means could be very hard to crack with it in particular. I'm thinking particularly about Protectorate of Menoth, which can make armies which are almost completely untargetable by spells, and have casters which could absolutely cripple this armies effectivness (Reznik and his Witch Hound rules for instance).

Does the tournament allow multiple lists (as most Warmahordes tourneys seem to)? If so, perhaps you can use an alternative list against Menoth, or other armies that could potentially shut down casting. Outside of that though, a solid Rhan list.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Very strong magic list there. I've looked through some of the Ret stuff, though I'm not very familiar with some of it. The battle mages are pretty nasty, especially with Rhan and his feat - a unit of them will be able to move the enemies key models pretty much wherever you want them to be. (For those not in the know, Rhan gives all spells cast boosted attacks/damage and extra range, so the battle mages become engines of destruction on feat turn.)

Now, I know Discordia is the new Character Jack for ret, but I have no idea what it does. Could you give us a quick run down? :)

Stats
PC: 10 points
FA: C
MAT: Manticore's +1
RAT: Manticore's +1
Attacks
Sonic Pulse Cannon: SP10, RoF1, Pow14
Blade Fist: P+S 16, Open Fist
Blade Fist: P+S 16, Open Fist
Special Rules
Field Dependent: When the Shield Generator is crippled this model loses Imprint: Kinetic Field and cannot attack with the Sonic Pulse Cannon.
Imprint: Kinetic Field - spend 1 focus, this model and friendly models within 3" gain +2 ARM against Ranged Attacks and do not suffer Blast Damage
Adeptis Rahn Shyeel's Jack: The Discordia can be taken in Rahn's theme army and can be bonded to him

As for the list, looks like a solid Rhan list, though there might be some very bad match-ups for it in a tournament. Armies with protection from spells from various means could be very hard to crack with it in particular. I'm thinking particularly about Protectorate of Menoth, which can make armies which are almost completely untargetable by spells, and have casters which could absolutely cripple this armies effectivness (Reznik and his Witch Hound rules for instance).

Does the tournament allow multiple lists (as most Warmahordes tourneys seem to)? If so, perhaps you can use an alternative list against Menoth, or other armies that could potentially shut down casting. Outside of that though, a solid Rhan list.
My second list is as follows:

Warcaster

Kaelyssia - 7

War Machines

Discordia + 10
Phoenix + 10

Units

Sentinels (Max) + 9
-Officer, & Standard + 2

Mage Hunters (Min) + 5
-Commander + 2

Solos

Narn + 3
pEiryss + 3
Nayl + 2
Ghost Sniper + 2
Ghost Sniper + 2
Arcanist + 1
Arcanist + 1

Sentinel Rush protected by Kinetic Field, Banishing Ward, and Feat if I need to. Mage Hunters right behind the Sentinels since they ignore LOS when shooting. Arcantrik Bolt from Arc Node, and Disruption Bolt from Eiryss to help disable Warjacks while the Mage Hunters and Assassins flank. Nayl threatens the Warcaster ASAP. Ghost Snipers pick of Officers and toolboxes or help Assassinate.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Yeah, that second list would certainly cover any weaknesses of the first. MHs mince Protectorate support units, and the rest is generally a decent list. Also, thanks for the rundown on Discordia - I can see why you're taking it -it's a damn good jack with a 10", POW14 Spray! ouch.

The only thing is, do you need to Arcanists? They're good buff units of course, but then again, you have only two jacks...

I do like how you've gone for two pretty strong theme lists - Magic heavy Rhan and Mage hunters with Kaelyssa. Looks good to me, though I'm still a very new player :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that second list would certainly cover any weaknesses of the first. MHs mince Protectorate support units, and the rest is generally a decent list. Also, thanks for the rundown on Discordia - I can see why you're taking it -it's a damn good jack with a 10", POW14 Spray! ouch.

The only thing is, do you need to Arcanists? They're good buff units of course, but then again, you have only two jacks...

I do like how you've gone for two pretty strong theme lists - Magic heavy Rhan and Mage hunters with Kaelyssa. Looks good to me, though I'm still a very new player :)
I've have more experience playing Rahn. He hasn't failed me yet. Kaelyssia on the other hand has been my down fall a couple of times so I probably could fine tune her list. The second Arcanist can only reasonably substituted for a souless.

My local meta places Menoth as least used followed by circle. The 2 armies that give this list problems. I see alot of Khador, Cryx, and Troll Bloods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts