Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmmmmm... perusing the Black Library Recent Releases I came across:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/alien-beast-within-the-ebook.html

In reading about the Callidus assassin, Meh'Lindi, I started thinking that protagonist sounds really familiar, then noticed the author was Ian Watson, the grandfather of 40K Fluff himself. I really loved the whole Inquisition War and how far out Watson ranged in trying to tie a good yarn together, but also thought his work had been retconned into oblivion. It seems at least portions of his stories are being resurrected. Whadda' ya' think?

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Interesting :)

I have all three books here, but I only ever got through the first two. A re-read is on the cards methinks.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If memory serves, the Inquisition Wars is where the Sensei and the Star Child theories come from, so I wonder if GW is surgically removing those parts of the books that don't conflict with current fluff or if we'll see a larger revival of some of those storylines?

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
The Sensei seem to have been resurrected in the form of John Grammaticus and Oll Persson. At the time of the Inquisition Wars books 40k fluff was only in it's infancy, and they helped lay the groundwork for what was to come. I think they've reworked it all to fit the more updated and detailed fluff.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good to see this. I enjoyed Inquisition War, I read it after reading Esienhorn, so it almost felt like reading something classical (at least in 40k terms).

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Just a reprint of an ancient story, which sets the stage for Inqusition War. From what I recall, its not terribly fluff-offensive. And most likely why it got re-released.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Just a reprint of an ancient story, which sets the stage for Inqusition War. From what I recall, its not terribly fluff-offensive. And most likely why it got re-released.
Yes I think your correct, it gives an insight into meh'lindi with how & why she had surgery to alter the abilities of hers...
Space Marine was used to build up the character Leaxandro so that when they meet him in the series you already recognise the character

·
8,723 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts

·
8,723 Posts
Full of potty humour I believe :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts