Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, have have backed the Maxmini Green alliance kickstarter, to get a ww2 yanks orc army.

cool, but not what you would call cheap.

i had decided to have an initial go, and the resupply as i found what i was lacking.
It turns out however, that they aint going to make most of these again, beside the kickstarter!!

ARGHH panic!

Turns out that you can still add more to you initial order.
right.. there we go then...

I hope to be able to get your help here, topin point what i really HAVE to own, and what i can do without.

The goal is 1000 points. Im not going to turnements with them, but losing aint that fun either....

So, here is a list of whats already on the order:

10 Gretchin

10 shooty orcs

30 melee orcs

6 bikers

5 veterans (nobs)

3 artilley things

1 truck

3 koptas

5 commandos (can be used as melee orc np.)

and various characters and heavy weapons

my question is then this: what would YOU add, to make this into your 1000 points Orc army??

I hope you will help me out with this

·
Registered
564 Posts
wow seems like it will look pretty cool I like theming my orks as well. straight up I would say get another 30 shoota boyz having lots of boyz are your backbone. t give some variation may be get another couple of bikes. also maybe 2 more koptas (run these in group of five to stave off the moral checks). 3 more trukks that way you then have the choice to footslog or go fast with vehicles. this would prevent your army being static singular style of play. a lot I know and probably expensive as well. but depending on how you want to play your orks.

all said if nothing else more boyz. shootas would be better.

do you have a link to the minis would love to check them out.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
In addition to what woodzee said I would add 5 more kommandos to bring it to an even 10. Same with the Veterans in case you want to run a nob body guard with the boss. OTherwise the speed would give you more options to run your army with different set ups. Me personally I would get 3 more artillery pieces to stay with the theme of blasting the opponent to death with dakka.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have decided not to branch too much out with options.
i gets expensive FAST!!!

but 2 more koptas are in the works for sure.
along with 2-3 guns.

im currently undecided about more bikes.

hear good things though.

oh and a group of (3) grot tanks, to use as buggies.

as for the boys, i sure need more.

ill be going gw bouyz with kromlech yank and tommie bits, to add some variation.

·
Registered
564 Posts
yeah they look pretty cool but I see what you mean by the cost. the kromlech way seems the better option me thinks cost wise anyway. i'm currently doing a pirate ork themed unit using Kromlech pirate heads.

happy converting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts