Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right as promised here is a few pictures of the Landraider I bought off ebay that is in some need of restoration

Front

Rear

Front and Above

Above

Left

Right

Gunner

Regards Chris

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Ewww that thing really needs some tender love, and care to be table worthy that's for sure.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well ive now got most the parts that are missing (just waiting on weapon mounts and forgeworld dark angel doors) it will be going into brake fluid now ive taken the pictures :p

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
My eyes! They burn! Actually, that model is far better off paint wise then that rhino I saved. Let that thing soak in the brake fluid for a couple of days. Then use a toothbrush to start removing the paint. It may take a while, have a lot of patience. If the paint doesn't want to come off, let it soak for another day or two and then scrub it again. Repeat until satisfactory results are achieved.
After using brake fluid make sure you wash everything in soapy water. Wash it thoroughly inside and out and let dry. If the original build was done with a plastic glue you may be able to disassemble the model as the glue will dissolve in brake fluid making it easier to paint and repair.

Good luck with the project and keep us updated!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah tbh i've had to do it with every tank i've got as i bought them all off ebay (6 rhinos, 3 razorbacks, 2 vindicators and a whirlwind) half of them came apart in the brake fluid, the others didn't hopefully this will as the front hatches were at one point attached but 2 of the pegs were glued and have snapped off, so am going to have to drill them out

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Right as promised here is a few pictures of the Landraider I found in a skip that is in some need of restoration
Fixed it for you :p

Good luck with this monstrosity, will look forward to seeing it returned to it's former glory :victory:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Heh, I got my Raider off eBay, In pretty a pretty shite condition, and had to fix it up :)

Only used the thing for the first time today! :p

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol thanks for all the comments, it will be hard work beyond a shadow of a doubt, but then if you'd seen some of the other mini's ive bought of ebay you'd see that it's not much worse than some of them, all i can say is brake fluid is a magical thing, am actually quite looking forward to getting this back into shape

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have a pair of landraiders from eBay and they were a mess. I didn't deconstruct them, but as someone earlier said, I Nurglified them. They are awaiting paint so will post them (eventually) when finished.

I have three in total, one which I bought and built and the two salvage jobs...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts