Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this is probably a dumb question but i need a for sure answer can you in any time of game place ur entire army including you 2 mandatory troop choices and hq in reserves and enter them via deep strike i use blood angels and really need to know if you can or cant please give me definite answer

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Unless there are deployment conditions in the scenario requiring you to deploy units on the table, you can place your entire army in reserve/Deep Strike/outflank if they have the special rule.

Otherwise as far as I know the only restriction is that you must specify which non-standard Deployment option they will be using during your deployment.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Also note that there is no special rule required to place units in regular Reserve.

None of the standard missions in the BRB require anything to be deployed ever.

All-reserve is a fickle mistress though, if you come in piecemeal then a good opponent will tear you apart!

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
To place a unit in Reserve to have them enter play by your table edge without any use of Deep Strike or Outflank requires no special rules for the unit.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
And by placing your entire army in Reserves, you're at the mercy of the dice for what shows up when (barring 1st turn drop pod assault units). So you could drop pod assault half your army and then get nothing else until turn 3 or 4, or just one unit a turn (ie piecemeal, as DK said). Before 5th I had units NEVER show up, as I managed to roll a 1 of turn 5, turn 6 and turn 7!! At least now they come in automatically on turn 5, altho Mishaps can force them back into reserves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts