Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heresy Online uses the standard vBulletin reputation system to reward good quality posts and also punish or deter people from posting negative, inflammatory or otherwise questionable ones.

The reputation system uses two main components which you should be familiar with.

Reputation Level and Reputation Power.

Reputation Level is the total number of Reputation points you accrue. It decreases and rises each time someone leaves you negative or positive reputation. You can check your Reputation Level in your User CP panel or by clicking the "Give Reputation" button on any of your own posts. The default reputaion level for new members is 1 point.

Reputation Power is the amount of reputation you influence another poster's Reputation Level whenever you give it. When you positively rep someone you give them an amount of Reputation Level equal to your Reputation Power. Negative Reputation hits are for only half of your Reputation Power.

A user's Reputation Power is shown in their posting profile as a number in parentheses.

Using your user CP you can check to see the last five reputation marks against you. Green marks are positive hits to your Reputation Level, Red marks are negative hits to your Rep. Level, and black/grey marks are neutral hits from members who have no ability to influence your Reputation Level, typically due to having no Reputation Power.

How to give reputation
At the top right of every post there is a small +rep symbol -

Clicking this will open a new page where you'll be able to apply a positive or negative reputation comment as pictured below.

Reputation Limits
  • You must make 25 posts before your reputation hits count on others.
  • You're permitted to make 15 reputation clicks per 24hr period.
  • You have to give rep to 10 different users before repping the same user again.
Reputation Power

Reputation power is calculated as follows.
  • 90 days’ membership eqautes to +1 rep power
  • 500 posts gives +1 power
  • 100 Reputation points gives you +1 power
Note that these values are cumulative, so you gain +2 power for 180 days and so on.

Reputation in Threads

You can see a users current reputation by looking below their avatar in threads.

The reputation on Heresy is displayed as a numerical figure, mousing over the small green box will display a quick interpretation of how much reputation a user has.

Please be aware that these interpretations are subject to change without notice.

Its a simple and fun way to reward members you feel have been contributing or helping the community.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
People, Listen Up!

Feel free to give reputation buffs out like candy! But, only to deserving little children, lol. Don't be shy to say thanks to a member who just gave you that key bit of advice or opened up a whole new avenue of the hobby for you. Just don't feel that it's necessary to rep buff everyone.

This is just another fun aspect of Heresy Online. Don't take it seriously, just have fun with it!

·
Registered
564 Posts
thank you Jez, very useful.

just a quick question, if a member with less than 25 posts gives +rep, should they point be added once they have made sufficient posts? (as this has not happened with one of mine)

thanks in advance

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Nope.

Similarly, if your rep power goes up after you rep someone, it does not adjust their rep total.

So if you realize you;re close to a boost in rep power then you might want to hold off til you 'level up' as it were

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks heaps, real helpful

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
What's with the whole disabled rep thing? I thought only jezlad had it but I see a few more with it recently....

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
You can opt to turn it off, I believe it;s under Edit Options in the User CP

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
ah right.... I thought it was a mod thing...

·
Registered
34 Posts
ive always been wondering what rep was on this. this explains heaps.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I do have a question about a rather unsavoury part of the system: negative rep

is this used if you disagree with the person or if you have been offended or what? seems almost like a cybertronical weapon to attack anyone who might take rep a lil to serious

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Negative rep is serious business. If you simply disagree with someone, I encourage you to do just that, disagree with them. Call them out, debate their points, etc.

negative rep should be reserved fpr when someone does something that's offensive or just plain bad. It shouldn't be used out of spite, or as revenge for someone giving you negative rep.

If you get negative rep that you don't feel you deserved, contact a mod, forward them the notification PM and we'll look into it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up mate

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
No worries.

Also remember that if someone does post something offensive and bad and worhty of neg rep, you should probably report it to the mods as well, via the report button

1 - 20 of 30 Posts