Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have just recently started gaining interest in the Warhammer 40K table top and was introduced to it through playing Dawn of War with friends. All the battle reports I've watched around the net and discussions I have seen have really urged me further into the hobby. The only real downside is I am currently unemployed and am unable to find work near where I live, so, for now I have to just watch matches and play dawn of war pretending that I am participating in the tabletop. I would have hoped the community for DoW would have been as large as the one for Warhammer; however, the community and support for Dawn of War seems to have just faded away. which, in my opinion is a real shame because I love discussing build orders and strategies for Dawn of War. I still play it almost daily with a close knit small group of friends and like I said earlier if my friends and I could afford miniatures and build tables I'm sure we would love it. My favorite army at least based on appearance, story, and from playing DoW is probably the Necron with the Tau running a close second. I hope to have a lot to talk about with you all in the future and look forward to the day that I may be able to actually play a real game of Warhammer 40K.

·
Registered
142 Posts
welcome! i had the same problem for a long time (the no money) and i had to make due when i finally got some troops haha but i have DOW and feel the same as you do on the subject of its fading away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts