Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a few broods of my tyranid army which I would like to repaint completly to a new hive fleet. At the moment they are hive fleet Behemoth, the usual red skin with black/blue trimmed carapace, and I am wishing to repaint them all to a fleet which has tanish/slight brown skin, what should I use to prime them all with this as their main skin colour? I would probably say the tan colour as the base coat, however since behemoth has a black carapace will this pose to be a problem which needs many layers etc?

Thanks in advance, if you need any more info on them just ask!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Just to clarify, are you saying that you are doing Behemoth but without the red? So therefore I assume that you are still using the blue carapace?

If I have assumed correctly then spraying them a bone colour will pose no problem. Bone is a very light colour and black will easily apply to it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just to clarify, are you saying that you are doing Behemoth but without the red? So therefore I assume that you are still using the blue carapace?

If I have assumed correctly then spraying them a bone colour will pose no problem. Bone is a very light colour and black will easily apply to it.
No they have the red skin, the carapace is chaos black and the edges of it is mixed with shades of light blues. My new scheme yes still has the black carapace, but no blues, and of course different skin colour.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I've heard people removing paint from plastic models with brake fluid. If done properly, this would create a blank slate to do a new paint scheme. That way you wouldn't end up loosing detail with extra layers of paint. I found this on HO if you have the time to read it.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Brake fluid works for metal models, it's likely to kill your minis if they are plastic.

The Simple Green tutorial that piemaster posted is fine for plastic, though i don't know if you can get that stuff in aus.

If you can get your hands on Dettol, there's another guide in the tutorial section to use that for stripping as well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, but I wasn't really looking for how to strip paint from models. The painted guys are mainly gaunts and a handful of genestealers, a fex and 3 warriors, I don't really mind if they get painted over to lose a bit of detail; as they are not that valuable.. I have alot of new metal and plastic guys (about 40 to paint!) which are unpainted and ready for the new scheme.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Okay, I understand you now. Yes spraying them the bone colour would do you a lot of good and certainly save you a lot of time. Black will go over most colours easily, especially if it is a light colour, such as beige.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts