Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
They are all new stories my friend!
I had a list of the stories, but I can't find it.
I know there is an extract from both Talon of Horus and Ahriman: Sorcerer.
Thanks, I best place my order then.

Well Black Library states free delivery but they are trying to charge me £4.50.. I have emailed them and await clarification on this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here is the contents:

BRING THE NIGHT - Rob Sanders
THE SUREST WEAPON - Nick Kyme
ABADDON: CHOSEN OF CHAOS - Aaron Dembski-Bowden
THE TALON OF HORUS preview - Aaron Dembski-Bowden
DOUBT BEGETS HERESY - Gav Thorpe
THE BLOOD OF SOTHA - L J Goulding
THE CORPSE ROAD - Graham McNeill
KING OF ASHES - John French
AHRIMAN: SORCERER preview - John French
IMPERFECT END - Andy Smillie
END OF NIGHT - Ben Counter

I was going to get it but BL wanted to charge me $25 for delivery.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
So happy I did not purchase this one from eBay. I am hoping they start releasing the excess stock of their event books on the website again. I really hate having to pay ridiculous prices for these things on eBay.

·
Registered
174 Posts
So happy I did not purchase this one from eBay. I am hoping they start releasing the excess stock of their event books on the website again. I really hate having to pay ridiculous prices for these things on eBay.
I am extremely lucky to have a friend who goes to some of the events who can pick me up some stuff.
Though I am with you 100% as he doesn't go to every event, and I would really like to avoid the outrageous prices on ebay.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
John French posted this as well! Two of those marks I don't recognize.

The first and last stories are Night Lords. The second story is Marines Malevolent. The third and fourth are Black Legion. The fifth is a Chaos Star marking Renegade Marines. The sixth is Scythes of the Emperor. The seventh is Iron Warriors. The eight and ninth are Thousand Sons. And the tenth is Emperor's Children.

I read all of these yesterday and each one was quite good. My favourite was, not counting the Talon of Horus or Ahriman: Sorcerer previews because they are not short stories, Bring the Night by Rob Sanders and my least favourite was Doubt Begets Heresy by Gav Thorpe. If anyone wants here is a brief summary of each story:

Bring the Night;

The Surest Weapon;

Doubt Begets Heresy;

The Blood of Sotha;

The Corpse Road;

King of Ashes;

Imperfect End;

End of Night;

On the whole quite a good anthology. I would also very much like to see a Viper Legion Space Marines Battles book that deals with what will come as a result of Sanders's story.

LotN

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I would say (beside the previews), only the Night Lords- and EC-stories were interesting + somewhat King of Ashes. Thank you for the summarization. I won't be buying it, as I expect they will be available in better and perhaps a cheaper format later on. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've read the first couple and my early impression is that they are not stories at all!

My 4 year old gets read bedtime stories that are longer these!

Feel a bit cheated so far.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've read the first couple and my early impression is that they are not stories at all!

My 4 year old gets read bedtime stories that are longer these!

Feel a bit cheated so far.
Well, the Abaddon one is a print version of the advent calender story, so it is REALLY short.
I hope they are all longer than the 1K word short stories lol

·
Registered
953 Posts
Bought mine when I picked up the last of the holes in my HH library with Betrayer and also Arjac Rockfist. Been reading a ton of Warhammer Fantasy (painting a lot of it too), so I'm ready to start back into that universe for awhile.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts