Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Which Name Should I Use?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Doom Sentinals.
the Sentinals part is because i like that but the Doom Sentinals makes them sound like the Last line of defence or first wave of attackers and they haven't made up their mind which yet. could make for some interesting developments down the line... that and we all know from munchkin that if you add of doom to the end or doom to the front its an automatic +4 to whatever.... thats pretty impressive... and just to be weird my other suggestion

DOOM-IRON SENTINAL DRAGONS....... OF BLOODY DOOOM!!!!!!!
did i mention doom?
well yeah...
Doom
.... and now to sing the Doom song

·
Registered
198 Posts
Bit of info- the Chapter will be a Codex one but with a slight specialization in terror tactics, has been created as a Standing Force to guard a certain section of the Galaxy (segmentum undetermined at this point) and has taken an uninhabited world as it's fortress location.
I chose Black Guardian(s) as the short description, that i noted above, suits the name of the Chapter IMO. They are the guardians of a section of the Galaxy and their terror attacks just makes me think of black or dark coloured armoured figures wreaking havoc in the night.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Doom Sentinals.
the Sentinals part is because i like that but the Doom Sentinals makes them sound like the Last line of defence or first wave of attackers and they haven't made up their mind which yet. could make for some interesting developments down the line... that and we all know from munchkin that if you add of doom to the end or doom to the front its an automatic +4 to whatever.... thats pretty impressive... and just to be weird my other suggestion

DOOM-IRON SENTINAL DRAGONS....... OF BLOODY DOOOM!!!!!!!
did i mention doom?
well yeah...
Doom
.... and now to sing the Doom song

·
Registered
94 Posts
Talon Sentinels/Taloned Sentinels

As ckcrawford said, there aren't many Sentinels around, and Talons are rare as well.

Other ones I came up with:
Guardian Sentinels
Black Consuls
Celestial Sentinels

I might have gone with Celestial Dragons as well, but then I don't think the name would fit the description given...

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Well because you said about terror tactics, I like Talon, stands out more for terror than the others to me.

So black talons or iron talons I would probably go with :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
How about we look outside the box for a moment?

By putting a poll up you're really limiting how much the community can help you, you could end up changing your mind completely on the matter..

Which is why I nominate the name "Fisty Fists", the fists of the Emperor.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

By putting a poll up you're really limiting how much the community can help you, you could end up changing your mind completely on the matter..

Nominate 'outside the box' all you like, the words I chose are the ones I like the most so anything not constructed from them will be ignored.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts

I'm thinking he already has a general idea with the direction he wants to go in. Besides you can still always suggest something else anyway.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Not even the Heresy Hunters?

Come on now, that ones a classic.

Much better than something like "The celestial stargazing unicorn riders"

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Not even the Heresy Hunters?

Come on now, that ones a classic.

Much better than something like "The celestial stargazing unicorn riders"
Whilst Unicorns and Stargazing are both awesome I try to keep them out of my 40k as much as possible.

I'm not demanding that anyone else use the names/words I've picked so you can sleep soundly knowing that reading this thread wont force you to use Celestial anything.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
It`s looking like Iron Talons after all. Does that mean I won? :laugh:

All hail the Spikey Iron Talons! :wild:

21 - 40 of 44 Posts