Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Which Name Should I Use?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right I've been discouraged by the fact that GW might be adding any fluff to the Iron Champions (a Chapter I wanted to create from the ground up essentially) so I've decided to go completely off the reservation and alter my current fluff to suit a DIY Chapter- ably constructed using Deathwatch: Rites of Battle- but I'm stuck on a name (and a definite colour scheme to be honest, but that's for another time).

I've winnowed it down using the random name generator from the Rites of Battle book to-

Adjectives: Black, Doom, Celestial, Iron, Guardian
AND
Nouns: Consuls, Dragons, Talons, Sentinels, Destroyers

Note: It a multiple choice poll so choose 2 names if you can
Just pick an Adjective and a Noun from the Poll (but only 1 of each) unless you really like a certain Noun+Noun or Adj.+Adj. combo!
I purposely haven't put up the various combinations because A) there's too many, and B) maybe you'll envisage a combo you like that I missed.
Adjective then Noun or vice versa is up to you, if you want to post telling me what name you picked that's awesome, otherwise I'll guess :victory:

Bit of info- the Chapter will be a Codex one but with a slight specialization in terror tactics, has been created as a Standing Force to guard a certain section of the Galaxy (segmentum undetermined at this point) and has taken an uninhabited world as it's fortress location.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'd go for either Iron Talons or Talons of Iron. Iron talons sounds a little more natural to me though.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Celestial consuls, i like it

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
It was tempting to pick Celestial Doom. It was fairly easy to avoid Guardian Destroyers (...what? That name contradicts itself) and Doom Dragons (bwahahaha that sounds so corny!).

I chose Iron Consuls.

·
Making Vidya Games
2,027 Posts
I chose the Pretty Pink Ponies of Happy Land.... Just think about it, their multi-meltas shoot out rainbows instead of sub-atomic melting particles!

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
The black doom. It's a bit dramatic, but has a nice twang to it.

The black dooooooom!
Aside from being corny, that name is not original.

I chose the Pretty Pink Ponies of Happy Land.... Just think about it, their multi-meltas shoot out rainbows instead of sub-atomic melting particles!
That would be devastating. Necrons would cower in fear.

I suggest Iron Talons or Black Talons. :)

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm liking the responses so far, very encouraging plus each time someone mentions a name it kick starts my imagination and how/what I'll be writing in the army background.

When Sunday rolls around and a name is chosen I'll use said name to complete a 'skeleton' background using the DIY Chapter Background Aid and put it in Update(Post) 2 with how I did it, as an example for anyone else who wants to use the aid.

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
I vote Doom Sentinels, as has been said, Sentinels isn't a name you get a lot. Iron as part of the name feels really overdone to me though, for some reason..

1 - 20 of 44 Posts