Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, like an idiot on my space marines I through static grass on the bases ad said "Ysy they are based!" Now I realize they look liek ass, anything special to take that studd off or should I just keep scrapeing? Also... sand on models? Any good ways beyond scrapeing to get them off?

Thank you much.

·
Registered
47 Posts
For the sand i`m asuming you used pva glue right ? if so i`d just soak it in some water for abit and that should soften the glue enough for you to scrape the sand off with ease.. i`m guessing the same method would work for the static grass also..

when i`m useing sand for my bases i go round the model with my craft knife just after i take it out of the sand and gently scrape off the excess b4 the glue drys..

hope this helps =)

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, idk what the sand is on with, they came assembled adn based... lesson learned.

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
what did you use to glue the sand on? That is the key factor in this. White glue, should come off with a coaxing from a sharp blade, anything else, well get debonder from a hobby shop that sells RC planes and cars. That'll work, a couple of drops of that and boom, grass slurry!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts