Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Heretics!

I've noticed a favoured Space Marine combo is a Captain with Relic Blade and Storm Shield. This would probably work at ranged, but a Storm Shield takes up one of your hands so would not work in combat. Have I just read the entry wrong? I think you would need to have at least three hands to carry this stuff.

Midnight

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
"A model equipped with a Storm shield may never claim the +1 attack bonus from being armed with 2 close combat weapons"

"Due to it's size and weight, a model wielding a relic blade cannot get an extra attack for an additional Close combat weapon"

-

Neither description contains the words 'two handed'.

Thus both can be used in conjunction.

·
Registered
468 Posts
It's allowed, and confirmed in the Space Marine FAQ

Q. The rules for both the relic blade and the storm shield simply state that a model with one of these pieces of wargear cannot have +1 Attack for an additional close combat weapon. Is it therefore possible to equip a model with both a storm shield and a relic blade?
A. The rules for two-handed weapons in the rulebook and the rules for storm shields and relic blades are not in contradiction. So you can have both a storm shield and a relic blade, which I think makes for rather cool models!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Take a look at the honor guard models, they have one handed relic blades... Its just a power sword that is more awesome and a rip off of the the "sword of secrets". Guess that secret is out now, to bad they didn't trade it for the secret to making Storm shields work agents ranged weapons. :p

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Take a look at the honor guard models, they have one handed relic blades... Its just a power sword that is more awesome and a rip off of the the "sword of secrets". Guess that secret is out now, to bad they didn't trade it for the secret to making Storm shields work agents ranged weapons. :p
storm shields DO work against ranged weapons

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
You can also ride a bike, with a Storm Shield and a Relic Blade. Sounds unsafe to me but hey they seem to love it.

Judging by Azrell's name I'm going to guess he's a Dark Angels player, their Storm shields only work on Close Combat making them Sad Pandas.

Aramoro

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
well sucks to be him playing DA out of the DA book then. he should just play the Nilla book till if they ever update DA

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
storm shields DO work against ranged weapons
Greetings, Black Templar here, we've been informed that you've found a way to not only increase the effectiveness of the storm shield, but now it works against ranged weaponry! As good as this news sounds, you neglected to send us an email of the schematics as requested. While we understand you nillas have a lot on your plate, what with losing every tournament you can attend, we really would like to emphasize you sending us those schematics. Or we will take our land raider crusaders back by force. Remember how we shared those? Yeah. And people think we're mannerless hate-machines.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Why not just take Vulkan?
Master-Crafted Relic Blade, Storm Shield, and Heavy Flamer.
Not to mention is awesome ability.
Because if a fist hits Vulcan it's SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!

·
4,491 Posts
Because if a fist hits Vulcan it's SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!
I dont know whats worse...
The fact that you said the words "super effective", or the fact that i recognize where its from. :picknose:

And regarding the Power Fist, just dont put him in B2B contact with the model with the Power Fist.
Be sure to engage the Power Fist model with a Terminator (or whatever) when you charge so that he can only elect standard attacks against Vulkan.

·
Unforgiven
689 Posts
Greetings, Black Templar here, we've been informed that you've found a way to not only increase the effectiveness of the storm shield, but now it works against ranged weaponry! As good as this news sounds, you neglected to send us an email of the schematics as requested. While we understand you nillas have a lot on your plate, what with losing every tournament you can attend, we really would like to emphasize you sending us those schematics. Or we will take our land raider crusaders back by force. Remember how we shared those? Yeah. And people think we're mannerless hate-machines.
I lol'd. Close-combat only invul saves for the lose.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Wouldn't the fist attacks of the upgrade character be able to hit Vulkan as long as another member of that squad is in base to base with him? You know one of the things that make those fists oh-so dangerous for characters in close combat? (Or did they work around that for fifth)

·
4,491 Posts
I thought a model in combat had to elect its attacks on a unit/IC that is in B2B contact with it?
The opponent can elect to take out models that are not in B2B, but only if they are part of the same unit.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I thought a model in combat had to elect its attacks on a unit/IC that is in B2B contact with it?
The opponent can elect to take out models that are not in B2B, but only if they are part of the same unit.
Nope, not unless you're an ic, so if vulkan charges anyone who is within a 2" coherancy with the fist, the fist can still elect him. And will always elect him. Two swings one hit, one splat.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
He gets a 3+ invun so his odds of surviving are better than being stated. He also strikes first.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts