Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Relic Blade or Thunder Hammer?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Words_of_Truth 
#1 ·
I'm equipping a biker captain and I can't decide what weapon to give him, I tend to favour thunder hammers but I was wondering if I should switch it up a little, maybe try and hit first for once, but I tend to play eldar (dark and normal) a lot so should I just stick to the thunder hammer? No one else in the biker unit he'll be accompanied by has a power weapon if that's a factor to.

#3 · (Edited)
Wouldn't I still be striking last because of their higher initiative though?

It's the same cost for either, the relic blade gives +2 str and is ap 3 whilst the thunder hammer always strikes last but is strength 8 and is ap 2 and also has concussion. I guess the relic blade would let me slay normal dark eldar faster I guess (they are initiative 5 to right, so strike at the same time?)

#4 ·
I would go with magnets. They aren't too expensive and easy to install. That way you can change what weapon he uses based on who you are fighting. I magnetize just about all of my character models. But, if I had to pick one of them, I would go with the Thunder Hammer. Always a good idea to have one in the army, but at the same time the hammer makes him am even bigger target. It makes him not only a threat to normal units, but an even bigger threat to vehicles.

#5 ·
Depends on your tactics, if you are striking last anyway by doing for elite D.E then take the hammer, but if you are hitting lesser units as norm go for the relic blade, but as Sol Beserker said magnetize and tailor to your foe and tactical plan, at same points you win either way

#7 ·
Definetly thunder hammer. its more or less guaranteed to kill whatever you come up againts and as stated the T5 make you a very hard nut to crack. You already have 3 wounds and if you have the points buy the sheild eternal and you become a VERY VERY VERY hard nut to crack. eternal warrior 3+ invun and adamantium will makes you more or less a tank with the speed of a bike. Use it!

#9 ·
Iwould rather do both but thats just me. If you upgrade to chapter master you do however get that orbital bombardment but i dont know if you can use it once you have moved as its ordnance. extra attack and WS is nice too. but a 3+invun and eternal warrior is nothing to shake a stick at either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.