Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need a clarification. As i understand it the regimental standard allows re-rolls of all leadership tests within 12". Because the orders are confirmed with a leadership test(as per the rules) then we are allowed to reroll. Basically the same effect as the vox casters.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
No, standard allows rerolls of Morale and (IIRC) pinning, not all LD. You need the voxes in both units to get rerolls on orders.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks. Now that i re-read it you are correct. Time to switch out my standard for vox casters

·
Registered
468 Posts
Regimental Standards allow rerolled Morale and Pinning tests (p71 of the Guard codex). Orders are Leadership tests, not Morale or Pinning checks, so the standard won't help with them.

In other words, semaphore is not useful in the grimdark future. Buy a radio.

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts

In other words, semaphore is not useful in the grimdark future. Buy a radio.
Nope, Radios don't work right anymore either, they just make the commanders shouting clearer. They shoulda just renamed the Megaphones and been done with it.:( (still a little bitter about the nerfing of voxs due to the addition of orders)

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The real problem is there is no option for voxes in hw teams which is where you need it. Bring it down anyone?

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I looked at him as an alternative, but i like my master of the ordinance. Commonly known as 'Stan the Pie Man'

1 - 10 of 10 Posts