Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can an order of Sisters be the mothers of Marines? Now, I am not asking if sisters and be romantically entangled with marines, or even if marines can impregnate sisters. What I am asking is this: can order can be a part of breeding program aimed at producing more reliable recruits and ensuring a chapter sticks to Imperial doctrine? Would such an arrangement violate any Imperial decrees? Would doctrine even allow for such an arrangement?

To be more specific regarding the arrangement, prior to gene augmentation, gamete samples would be taken from recruits, and the samples of those recruits who became full marines would be used to inseminate select sisters from a given order. The children born from said sisters would be trained by those sisters and the order from the earliest point and would then undergo the process of becoming a marine themselves. This process would be repeated with new sisters, and new material would come from marines recruited from recruiting worlds.

I would love to know if this sort of thing would fit in the fluff.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I suppose it could happen. There are already breeding programs in place, if a bit more informal, like the noble houses of Nocturne picking partners for their scions most likely to produce future Salamanders. I can't remember where I read that, possibly the Nick Kyme trilogy.

I'm sure a similar idea has crossed an Inquisitor's mind as well. It would be very handy to have a chapter of SMs indoctrinated from birth and loyal only to the Inquisition/Ecclesiarchy/High Lords, similar to the Minotaurs. Who knows, considering the lack of history of the Minotaurs of the 41st millennium, that might be where they came from.

·
Registered
95 Posts
And considering that the Imperium already does the same with the Schola Progenium, when they select the orphaned offspring of Imperial heroes to be inducted. The offspring are then indoctrinated to the Imperial Creed and will be sent on to further training to become Militarum Tempestus, Commissars, Preachers, Sisters of Battle or even the occasional Interrogator for an Inquisitor.. So as the precedent is already existing for other branches of the Imperium, it's possible...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts