Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumors have been floating about the Internet regarding models vanishing from the GW site lately (mostly the US one), so I figured I'd share this here to make sure no one misses out on what's going on (basically less news or rumor and me nipping what isn't actually news in the bud I suppose):

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in to us. Over the last week or so, items have been removed from the website as we run out of stock; to avoid back orders. Once we our re-stock arrives, then the appropriate items should once again be available.

Sorry for the confusion, but I hope this helps.

David Monroe
Games Workshop
North America Customer Services
So it's just GW pulling models to avoid back orders. Strange, but it's GW so not to be to unexpected, as pretty much everything they do we call "strange".

·
Irn Bru 32!
1,436 Posts
Rumors have been floating about the Internet regarding models vanishing from the GW site lately (mostly the US one), so I figured I'd share this here to make sure no one misses out on what's going on (basically less news or rumor and me nipping what isn't actually news in the bud I suppose):

So it's just GW pulling models to avoid back orders. Strange, but it's GW so not to be to unexpected, as pretty much everything they do we call "strange".
I think it's actually a decent idea as they are not going to cause disappointment with late deliveries. For the first time in years gw is on the ball, they have brought out a nice model such as the imperial knight for a decent price and are now bringing out yet another army(two armies in four months). All I need now is a 6th ed blood angels codex.:cray:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

But isn't it so much more fun to just present random 'GW is squatting random units' speculation? :laugh:

This makes sense and I'm glad GW have made a statement concerning it. Hopefully we (the internet) can actually concentrate on what GW is doing right and what they're releasing for a bit. It sure beats scouring the GW website hoping to find proof they're about to go bust because they've run out of stock on something...

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
But isn't it so much more fun to just present random 'GW is squatting random units' speculation? :laugh:

This makes sense and I'm glad GW have made a statement concerning it. Hopefully we (the internet) can actually concentrate on what GW is doing right and what they're releasing for a bit. It sure beats scouring the GW website hoping to find proof they're about to go bust because they've run out of stock on something...
Very true, i think we should just ignore the statement above and speculate our asses off anyway, after all who's David Monroe?? writing common sense emails about general retail practice! whos gonna swallow that?
It is clear to me that the missing models from the US website have been kidnapped by Privateer Press extremist splinter group Level 7.5 and are being held for ransom for 1 million chicken lips.:grin:

seriously though, If GW ever read any of the stuff that gets speculated on the net about very minor normal procedures they must piss themselves

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Indeed, I personally love those threads like "Necron Monolith Withdrawn" that led us to such brilliant leaps of logic like "Necrons are probably getting squatted" two months before the new codex was released

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
WHAT! Crons are getting squated?!!!!?!!1?
OMG THE SKY IS FALLING 'CRONS ARE GETTING SQUATTED I READ IT IN WILD SPECULATION OFF A FORUM RUMOR SO IT'S DEFINITELY OFFICIAL

*ahem*

Thanks, Zion. Nice digging to bring that to our attention.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Damn GW getting in the way of all of our 'Teh Sky Iz Falling' threads by being all reasonable...:wink:
*grabs pitchfork and burning torch* :crazy:

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Ok tawa we need to teach you that not all problems can be solved with a pitchfork and torch. We got much easier methods such as guns.:laugh:
*throws on sword belt and primes musket* :crazy:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts