Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has there ever been a chaos space marine, single or group, that has been brought back from chaos worship? Either been cleansed or seen the error of their ways in some way.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i know of a short story about this let me look and i will get back to you. I do know it was a CSM that was held for information. it was not pretty what the Dark Angles did to the CSM...think of the witch trails but times it by 100 fold.

i will go and look for that short story

Greg has my book, i think it was, the black pearl, or unforgiven both storys are in let the Galaxy burn

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
If there are any redemptions, I'd imagine they'd be for mere renegades, and not those given to Chaos. Once you sell your soul to the Ruinous Powers, it's practically impossible to break from their grip, and then there's the issue of the various Imperial forces dedicated to eradicating Chaos that won't believe your highly unlikely redemption.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Dark Angels get that when they capture a Fallen the interrogator chaplain gets a black pearl for getting them to repent

·
Registered
795 Posts
yeah Dark Angels are all I know of and they are only trying to get back the traitor Dark Angels who followed Luthor. From the stories I've read it seems any captured Chaos is tortured beyond repair and killed being told your death means the Emperor has forgiven you.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
i know of a short story about this let me look and i will get back to you. I do know it was a CSM that was held for information. it was not pretty what the Dark Angles did to the CSM...think of the witch trails but times it by 100 fold.

i will go and look for that short story

Greg has my book, i think it was, the black pearl, or unforgiven both storys are in let the Galaxy burn

I think one of them, not sure which, involves a daemon prince who remembers his time as a space marine and sacrifices himself to stop a nurglite daemon invasion of a world. Or it could be another story altogether, but I`m sure it was in that book.

The Lamenters chapter were given a chance at redemption after following Huron Blackheart, in fact they`re currently crusading in penitence.

I know there are others, but redemption is not easy to come by. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Thankyou for your answers. I asked because every time I read about CSM stuff it crosses my mind. In the sense of the fallen primarchs also ie the crap they come out with to justify their fallen status seems like the rantings of madmen and I always think to myself, "why dont you listen to yourself, how can you still believe in chaos at all". I mean everyone is against authority when it is repressive but if the alternative is walking around with 3 heads and 6 arms and covered in puss and postules, you hope or think is there some dim recess of their minds that at least once looks in the mirror of fate and they have a flicker of regret in some way. You would think after 10 thousand years one of 100's of thousands of marines would think to himself just once "You know just between you and me - this chaos thing I think we may have made a mistake" Like Fulgrim perhaps at that last second before he is doomed he realised just what a fool he is and screams in shock.
After seeing the depravity of Dark Eldar in the name of Slanesh and anythink nurgle does is just YURK not for me, the Emperor for al his faults is at least trying to save us from daemonic possession.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Has there ever been a chaos space marine, single or group, that has been brought back from chaos worship? Either been cleansed or seen the error of their ways in some way.
Why do you assume that joining Chaos is an error?

And the most prominent example of an individual shunning Chaos after devoting himself to it would be Arguleon Veq from the novel Daemon World.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts