Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just got a new landraider and was just woundeing what fit to put in, Redeemer or Crusader ?

I play Salamanders and tend to play medium to close range firepower along with units assulting after getting dropped off by transports.

i also play a first company army of termys useing Deathwing rules, now i all ready have a crusader which works very well if it servives all the hits aginst it. But i also realy like the idea of the Redeemer with its flamestorm cannons the only thing that puts me off is the fackt that if i move my Redeemer to drop off assulting units i then carnt fire the cannons. Well i can fire one with the help of the machine sprit.

But with a Crusader i can move it forward drop troops fire hurican bolters and eaver the assult cannon or Multu melta.(at a differnt target)

Am still unsure what to build i will probley build it so i can interchange them if possible , but was just woundering what you guys and girls thort.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
well, if you are playing sallys and you want to stick to the fluff, then go for the redeemer, but i personally prefer the crusader, but i ussally play against orks, so i may be slightly biased. i do like the crusader though, its volume of fire is awesome and really softens up the units that the contents of the crusader will be assaulting

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Redeemers are good, crusaders are much better. You already have an LRC so either will do fine, I would vote redeemer for fluffiness though

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Redeemer or Crusader? Let me think long andf har.....Redeemer. Handsdown.

The Srusader has onyl 2 advantages over the other 2;
1 - Can carry more me but since only Termintor units of 8 will get even close this is amost pointless unless you want a unit of 8 Lightning Claws.
2 - If not equiped with a Multi-melta then it can still fire all it's wepaons while moving at 6" as it's Hurican ebolters count as defensive weapons.

However this also means that it will be a bigger fire magnet if it carrys more termintors and not only will it most likly move slower than other Raiders b ut it's can't do jack agianst anything. Normal raider is better agianst armour and the Redeemer can kill almsot any infatry. the Crusader is just an armoured 6 man bike unit with an Assault Cannon(if they could take one). It's almsot pointless in taking unless your playing a Raider list and even then you need atleast 3+ Raiders for it to be worth it which menas that only Blood Angels will be able to use this list effectivly.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Redeemer or Crusader? Let me think long andf har.....Redeemer. Handsdown.

The Srusader has onyl 2 advantages over the other 2;
1 - Can carry more me but since only Termintor units of 8 will get even close this is amost pointless unless you want a unit of 8 Lightning Claws.
2 - If not equiped with a Multi-melta then it can still fire all it's wepaons while moving at 6" as it's Hurican ebolters count as defensive weapons.
No. Moving 6" a vehicle can fire one main weapon (assault cannons in this case) and all defensive weapons (the hurricane bolters). PotMS lets you fire one more weapon then would be allowed (the multimelta). The Crusader can fire all weapons on the move, this encourages you to get into close range and deliver its precious cargo.

Even from a purely shooting point of view the Crusader has the advantage, the Flamestorm cannons are in such awkward places its next to impossible to get both templates on an enemy with good coverage. The crusader will hit with nearly anything and can put the hurt on most units through sheer weight of fire.

The Redeemer isn't bad, the Crusader is better though.

Here is a very well contributed Land Raider Tactica:
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40936

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks peeps an guna try and bodge it some how so that swap them out but after reading the above post's i think il go with the crusader but i will defanetly try the redeemer out, only if to see how it looks lol.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Crusader hands down for tactical point of view.
if given any upgrade weapon(storm bolter multimelta) it can fire to full effect if moving 6" (full range)
templates from the side of a land raider can hit maybe 2/3 models of a slightly spread out unit in front of the land raider. you can see one of those models with the hurricane bolters you can hit 6 per sponson. 12 shots can make a dent into anything.

I think with salamanders and vulkan the cannons become twin linked but at the same time you might not be hitting many models with them.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
rs and vulkan the cannons become twin linked but at the same time you might not be hitting many models with them.
Does vulkans ability say they do? No. They say Melta's, Multi-melta's, Flamers and Heavy flmaers. It doesn't say anywhere Flamestorm cannons. Just becuase it's a flame baced weapon doesn't mena it's now twin linked. The ruels there are spesific. If no it would ahve said all Template and Melta class weapons are twin-linked and not list of the 4 weapons.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Meant to put I think in there. I thought it did but it that was a tiny little thing that's pretty irrelevant anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts