Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone how are you ..
I need some help. I am wanting to do a forgeworld space marine army. Either the red scorpions or the minotaurs but I can't seem to decide. I like the way both of them look and both of there lores but I can't decide at all.
What is the difference between the the two chapters .
Do either of them have anything special to offer. How do they do in games.
What are people's opinions on them

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
from the Forge World rules... from 2.5 years ago - so take them with a grain of salt. - Info Found here

Red Scorpions said:
Purity Above All: Any Tactical squad Sergeant or Veteran Sergeant with Chapter Tactics (Red Scorpions) may be made a member of the Chapter’s Apothecarion and upgraded to carry a Narthecium for no additional points cost (see page 125 of Codex: Space Marines). This does not otherwise alter their wargear, additional options or profile, and should always be appropriately represented on the model.

Fortitude and Contempt: Models with Chapter Tactics (Red Scorpions) may re-roll all failed Pinning tests, but cannot voluntarily Go to Ground and cannot be equipped with camo cloaks.
Minotaurs said:
Unrelenting Assault: Models with Chapter Tactics (Minotaurs) do not suffer Panic tests from shooting attacks and may re-roll failed Pinning tests.

Trample and Crush: Models with Chapter Tactics (Minotaurs) gain the Crusader special rule. In addition, they add +1 to any roll to determine charge distances while in an enemy deployment zone.
----

In General I like the Minotaurs' characters from Forge World more than I like the ones from the Red Scorpions - So I would paint up the models as Minotaurs, but I would probably use the Iron Hands or Salamanders chapter Tactics.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I also prefer the Minotaurs as a chapter. It is your choice but I find the Minotaurs backstory more interesting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts