The Astral Claws were created during the 35th millennium to guard against the numerous threats emerging from the Maelstrom. The Chapter was led into Chaos by their traitorous Chapter Master Lufgt Huron (thereafter known as Huron Blackheart), igniting the Badab War. They currently form a group of rebel Marines known as the Red Corsairs, who ruthlessly attack supply lines in the name of Chaos. In the battle that pulled them into Chaos they nearly succeeded in pulling the Mantis Warriors with them. Since turning to Chaos, the rebel Chapter is known for having Marines that have felt the lure of Chaos from other chapters, such as the Crimson Fists, Dark Angels, etc, join them, either individually, or by squad.
I have PMed you the original fluff from White Dwarf issue 101. Which gives you the chapters involved in the Badab War.
Also Check out the 2nd Edition codex for a bit more fluff on the Tyrant of Badab/Huron Blackheart. You can get one for next to nothing these days (codex) and its worth it for fluff and pictures.
Reason I wanted that info was because I'm wanting to start any any using there fluff. What I'm thinking of doing is this:
- Use Word Bearer rules to give me extra troop choices
- Make each squad from a different chapter (I enjoy painting lots of different things/colours rather than just one)
- And because I like nurgle and the conversion options, make my lord nurgle so I can get them as troop and then make a nurgle based Red Corsair army using Word Bearer rules
- Or something like that
- Then conversions would probably something along the lines of taking the Plague marine models and adding parts off them to the CSM plastics and then painting them with the nurgle part kinda oozing over to the unaffected part, to make it like like they are only beginning to go over to "The Dark Side".
I was thinking of linking them by a couple of things
- Jungle or City bases
- One nurgle and RC shoulder pad each (if the RC's have a chapter badge?)
- Having my HQ purely RC and having all my squad leaders as RC's
- Also the nurgle conversion should tie them up nicely
The renegade marines will probably only be troops so the RC's would control all the other aspects.
What do you think. Any ideas.
Also this is going to be quite a long term project since I only have limited funds at the moment and I can't see me getting a lot money in the near future, so I will only be able to buy when money permits.
A forum community dedicated to Warhammer, Warhammer 40K enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Warhammer and Wargaming collections, miniatures, tactics, terrain, reviews, accessories, history, displays, models, styles, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!