Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really intended to go with my Lions Rampant, whose fluff can be found floating around somewhere in the 40k fluff threads. I thought I'd stick it up and see what you all thought. Lately, the group here has been kicking around making datasheets for things that sound cool, but aren't necessarily covered in the Codecies, or even in the fluff per se, but are possible given the nature of certain armies.

I originally thought 100 points plus the cost of models would be appropriate, but then it occured to me that each model is around 130 points by the time you're done with them, and you're looking at between three and five of them, so the formation would get way too expensive at 100 points plus models-- so I set it at 50 plus models.

RECLUSIAM SANCTIFIER SQUAD
Amongst the most pious Space Marine Chapters, it is not uncommon for a higher proportion of brethren to maintain the rank of Chaplain. When the entire Chapter goes to war, several of the holy men may come together and fight as a single squad, much as the Codex Astartes describes how the Masters of the Chapter may fight when the entire Chapter is deployed. As a single unit, a number of Chaplains are able to rouse their brethren to deeds truly heroic, and the foes of the Emperor cower before the sheer scale of zeal displayed before them.

Formation: 1 Master of Sanctity and 2-4 Reclusiarchs. They fight as a single squad, but each model counts as an independent character in close combat. No Chaplain in the formation may choose a Command Squad, nor may they leave the Reclusiam Sanctifier Squad. If only one Chaplain remains in the squad, he reverts back to being a normal independent character.

Righteous Fury: Where one Chaplain inspires his brethren to acts of valor, several of them whip the Astartes into a truly holy fervor. So long as more than one Chaplain is still alive in the Reclusiam Sanctifier Squad, any squad controlled by the player who commands the Reclusiam Sanctifier Squad that charges into close combat within 12'' of the formation benefits from the Holy Hatred rule, as presented in Codex: Space Marines, just as if a Chaplain were attached to the charging squad.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
it sounds like the sort of thing that would work in apoc games but as a suggestion reduce the area of effect to any squad within 16 or 24 inches to prevent them becoming target number 1 otherwise all the battle field combats could be determined on the survival of one squad, hope that helps

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
16 or 24'' would increase the range of the effect to the point where most Space Marine squads would probably have a model in range to have the squad benefit from it. The idea was more to have a unit of chaplains, kind of like the Masters of the Chapter unit. It might be worthwhile to just cut the rule out altogether and let the chaplains buff each other (which sounds kind of dirty...) and let that be the end of it, but there wouldn't be much point in having them as a unit at that point, since there's no force organization chart in apocalypse.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
love the idea may run it past my gaming group for me to use as i love chaplains

1 - 6 of 6 Posts