Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this about 6 months ago, and I'm revisiting this list, trying to see if I can get it viable.

As always, thoughts/comments/critiques welcome.

HQ (585pts)

• Grand Master Mordrak (360pts) And They Shall Know No Fear, First to the Fray, Ghostly Bodyguard, Grand Strategy, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), Psyker (Mastery Level 1), The Aegis
    Frag, Krak and Psyk-out Grenades, Hammerhand, Master Crafted Nemesis Daemon Hammer, Psychic Communion, Storm Bolter
    • Ghost Knights And They Shall Know No Fear, Brotherhood of Psykers, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), The Aegis
      2x Ghost Knight with Nemesis Force Halberd, 2x Ghost Knight with Nemesis Force Sword, Hammerhand
  • Librarian (225pts) And They Shall Know No Fear, Independent Character, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), Psyker (Mastery Level 2), The Aegis
    Empyrean Brain Mines, Frag, Krak and Psyk-out Grenades, Hammerhand, Mastery Level 2, Might of Titan, Nemesis Warding Stave, Sanctuary, Storm Bolter, Teleport Homer, The Summoning
Troops (570pts)

• Grey Knight Strike Squad (285pts) And They Shall Know No Fear, Brotherhood of Psykers, Combat Squads, Deep Strike, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), The Aegis
    Hammerhand, Psybolt Ammunition, 2x Psycannon, 9x Storm Bolter and Nemesis Force Sword, Warp Quake
    • Justicar Nemesis Force Halberd, Storm Bolter
  • Grey Knight Strike Squad (285pts) And They Shall Know No Fear, Brotherhood of Psykers, Combat Squads, Deep Strike, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), The Aegis
    Hammerhand, Psybolt Ammunition, 2x Psycannon, 9x Storm Bolter and Nemesis Force Sword, Warp Quake
Fast Attack (325pts)

• Grey Knight Interceptor Squad (325pts) And They Shall Know No Fear, Brotherhood of Psykers, Combat Squads, Deep Strike, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), The Aegis
    Hammerhand, 2x Incinerator, Psybolt Ammunition, 7x Storm Bolter and Nemesis Force Sword, Warp Quake
Heavy Support (520pts)

• Nemesis Dreadknight (260pts) And They Shall Know No Fear, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), Psyker (Mastery Level 1), The Aegis
    Dark Excommunication, Hammerhand, Heavy Incinerator, Nemesis Doomfist and Greatsword, Personal Teleporter
  • Nemesis Dreadknight (260pts) And They Shall Know No Fear, Preferred Enemy (Daemons), Psyker (Mastery Level 1), The Aegis
    Dark Excommunication, Hammerhand, Heavy Incinerator, Nemesis Doomfist and Greatsword, Personal Teleporter

Sorries, got lazy, let Battlescribe format the list for me. Hopefully readable.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Deepstrike EVERYTHING!

Interesting looking list, it's got some real power in the two dreadknights and Interceptors are, of course, versatile - but you also have the usual GK problem of having a 40 odd model count in a 2000 point army, meaning that you will need to play very much to terrain in order to minimise the amount of fire power you are receiving or you'll lose everyone to mere weight of fire.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't Deepstrike EVERYTHING, sadly.

The plan is that Mordrak drops down w/ his four Ghost Knights, and the Librarian is joined to the unit. First to the Fray gets them in first turn, and precise. They need to survive a turn alone, but the Dreadknights and Interceptors can shunt forward first turn to get close enough to support.

With Psychic Communion, I should be able to bring the 2 Strike Squads in turn 2, and they get to come down on the Librarian's teleHomer. I can also combat squad, and leave one or two in the backfield.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're absolutely right. I had strike squads of 12 men. I actually have 80 points to work with. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After looking at some of the issues pointed out to me, and realizing that I should pay more attention to the errors Battlescribe was screaming at me, here's the new list...

Grand Master Mordrak
+5 Ghost Knights: 2 Halberd, 2 Sword, 1 BroBanner

Librarian
Lv2, Brain Mines, Warding Stave, Teleport Homer, Hammerhand + 6 powers

GK Strike Squad
9+1, PsyAmmo, x2 Psycannons, Halberd on Justicar

GK Strike Squad
9+1, PsyAmmo, x2 Psycannons, Halberd on Justicar

GK Interceptor Squad
9+1, PsyAmmo, x2 Incinerators, Halberd on Justicar

Nemesis Dreadknight
Greatsword, Hvy Incinerator, PT

Nemesis Dreadknight
Greatsword, Hvy Incinerator, PT

The extra points that were found because I don't know how to read a roster went into filling out the Ghost Knights as strong as possible. I decided to give them a Brotherhood Banner, which will also boost Mordrak and the Librarian while they're in the squad.Seemed like a decent investment. Additional points went into giving the Librarian more tricks to play as a swiss army knife.

Alternatively, I could have given the Librarian level 3 with more powers, but I felt that an extra wound around the lynchpin unit was a better investment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts