Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Someone asked if I could share the templates for the titan. As I previously noted, this is a drastic mod of the DIY Reaver Titan pattern I previously linked to. I do not have complete patterns as this was planned to be a one off. HOWEVER, I have posted what I did create in the link below. It contains the basic pattern for the python head, radiator, raised edging for the parts, the parts, and an optional thigh assembly more closely matching the FW design.

http://www.4shared.com/office/4v3a9jDm/DIY_TITAN_V2_VAR_USLTR_.html

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks! I would also like to applaud anyone who's ever tried to build a titan...it is an undertaking. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
So anyway, I get many request from friends and former classmates to enter the titan in an art contest called "Artprize" which is in Grand Rapids, MI. They provide a list of venues that you can contact (though they don't tell you how) to see if they will host your art piece.

My college alma mater happens to be in this city, so I contacted them.....

I just received a rejection notice from them....figures.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Good news! I just confirmed a venue for display:

GrandLAN Gaming Center
56 N. Division Ave
Grand Rapids, MI 49503

Dates:

SEPTEMBER 19 – OCTOBER 7, 2012

If you can make it there, check out the Titan. :)

·
Registered
967 Posts
Dude, that is just epic!

I guess this kind of projects take up allot of time, energy and patience, as well as require an insane amount of dedication to keep making it better.

Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
My hope is that what I have done will encourage others to up their game (whatever skill level they are at) to do even cooler stuff for their armies.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thank you so much for posting this I have started my own titan because of this inspiration. I have decided to do a whole group of them for my BA army complete with large decrative wings coming from the back. Thanks again would give you more rep but Heresy wont let me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
If I can inspire you guys to do better than you thought you could, then I have accomplished part of what I wanted. Make sure you post pics! :)

Another question:

Games Day Chicago is coming up....should I try to enter it?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I sent out a general email about the venue, and somehow one of my clients got stuck on the list. This is what I got in my inbox:

XXXX Corp. strongly objects to ideas of self-righteousness, hatefulness, vengeance and violence. It is our preference to avoid associating with organizations and individuals who declare such thoughts or ideology. Kindly remove our email address from your list immediately. Thank you.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Well, sorry for not updating in 3 years. For some reason, The site would not load for several months. I gave up in frustration after numerous fruitless attempts to contact anyone to help. I just tried on a whim tonight and was pleasantly surprised that it was here and I could log in. Anyway, just to let you all know what happened:

The titan took no awards, though I got some nice compliments. It took some damage while being displayed and had to be repaired.

I then took it to an IPMS contest where it took a bronze in the SciFi category (the judge told me "we don't judge it on what it is, but what it could have been (it could have been just a pile of paper card stock)). Someone knocked it off the table and it had to be repaired again.

Currently it is on display at a shop called Mr.Sweets Candy and Games and took damage when water got into the display case and soaked the right foot. I'm in the midst of deciding how to best repair/replace it.

Stuff happens.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi
Looks like all the photos have gone from this thread. I havent seen this thread before so was looking forward to seeing the Titan. Could you pop a few pictures backup please.

Thanks

41 - 60 of 63 Posts