Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
That's pretty awesome. =) All of the free hand work is very well executed. I like the aged legio mortis iconography. I think the softness to the trim and struts of the arms and legs is really impressive. The head is really well done. I like the lava design.

There are a few things which don't sit right with me as well.

I think some parts like the left arm guns are surprisingly plain. The red gore on the claw doesn't make much sense. Considering the size of a titan the surface tension of liquids which forms blobs and strands happens at a much smaller scale. So it either makes no sense our the titan would have very recently fought something massive with VERY gooey red blood/ichor.

I'm also not sold on the yellow/orange lightning. It's a neat effect, but it loses something by being on all the smooth plating. I recognize that a reaver titan presents a huge amount of smooth surface area that needs to be addressed, but I think making all of it the same is a mistake, and much less interesting overall than a chaos model should be.

·
U Mad Bro?
2,777 Posts
Over all I love the model. I do agree about the lightning though I am really not sold on it. However there is a lot of great work here! I absolutely love the Chaos Symbol and the eye on the top plate of this titan, it really looks badass. I also like what was done on the head of the titan, It really draws attention to that space and rightfully so.

I really wish there were more level 5 commission stuff coming through the pipes because seeing models done to this caliber is a lot better then just seeing level 2 airbrushing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts