Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
For those wondering everything that you're getting and wanting better quality pictures of them, here's a good link for you:

http://greg.botch.com/bones/

Just mouse over whatever you're interested in, and it'll give you the individual pic from the reaper site (usually of the model in metal), and the retail price of it (once again, of the metal version, these models aren't available in Bones plastic yet). Also, if you click on whatever you're intereted in, it'll take you to the reaper site's page for that mini. Very handy.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Just a little necro, but in topic...

MY BONES CAME IN TODAY!!!!!!!

My fingers are cramped and sore form pulling open hundreds of plastic baggies but oh god, all the bones...

My order had 4 vampire pledges (2 for me, 1 for my brother, 1 for a friend), 2cthulhus (1 for me, 1 for the friend), 3 Kaladraxes (all of us), an extra set of Chronoscope minis and a Frostwyrm (my brother), Nethyrmaul, the Clockwork Dragon, and the Giant Skeleton (all for me)
Oh, and a minis case (me)

The shipping label says it was 28lbs.
It needed plastic straps to keep the box together for shipping.

I managed to unbag both vampires and squeeze them all into one Vampire box (the one Reaper Bryan signed for me)

Some of the minis had a little warping, particularly ones with outstretched swords, thin staves, or delicate one-foot poses or slender ankles.

Most of them managed to go back to shape with just a bit of overbending in the opposite direction.
A few are more stubborn but i'm researching it. I hear a quick dip in boiling water, straightening then freezing usually does the trick.

The bog models were all impressive, but Kaladrax stole the show.

As I recall, he was a $15 add on, as opposed to the $25 Nethyrmaul, the other undead dragon in the offing.

I got both, but I like many others, assumed Nethyrmaul would be bigger and more impressive because of his cost.

Boy, was I never more glad to be wrong!

Kaladrax is fucking HUGE.
In D&D terms, probably Colossal. Easily comparable in size to my Colossal Red Dragon mini, though with a lower pose and much more spread out.

Nethyrmaul and his big scenic base fits comfortably inside the curl of Kaladrax' tail.
It's freaking crazy. Kaladrax was a massive 'thank you' to the contributors and I pity anyone who passed on him!

I was also plesantly surprised to find that they had named the clockwork dragon Wyrmgear, after people in the forums started calling him that. Another cool thank you

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Kaladrax was $5 lol... it's why I was so surprised when I opened him up and was confronted with a 1.5 square foot dragon. Mine sadly was missing a leg so until they can ship me a new one I will have an incomplete Kaladrax... nonetheless it's super awesome.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
I just looked back and we're both wrong, he was $10, still an amazing value.

I've been seeing a lot of reports of missing or incorrect kaladrax parts. Some people got two 'female' hip bones for example (rather than one that had a big rod that went through the pelvis and joined them both) or were missing a leg.

Fortunately Reaper seems to be on top of it, just make sure you e-mail them. Once they move bones production to Texas from china, I expect quality control will improve.

Another thing that was suggested on the reaper boards is to double check your minis, particularly what's inside the vampire box. Once again, they're good about sending out new ones, but some of the chinese-packed vampire boxes were shorted a mini or two

I didn't bother counting goblins, familiars, rats, kobolds or pathfinder goblins since they all came on sprues and I remember how many of each I had, but everythign else I counted and compared against the vampire image on the KS site.

Which was kind of a challenge since many were either in slightly different poses, or concept sketches, or in the case of two of the elf minis, swapped out entirely

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
The size of Kaladrax was actually a mistake - Reaper Bryan said there was a miscommunication in sizes in that Kaladrax was meant to be a foot wide, and someone thought it meant a foot high and scaled him up. Thanks random Chinese factory guy, you made our skeletal dragon rather epic :D

Just remember to treat your bones properly - there's a lot of useful info over on the Reaper official forums about them. You have to wash them well. You don't need to prime them, but don't thin you first layer. To fix bent minis, dunk in boiling water for a few minutes, take out, rebend and dunk in cold water (there are videos on how to do it as well). Apparently most bent minis will simply spring back into shape on their own when boiled even without the rebending.

Still waiting on mine for the moment (overseas deliveries have been delayed a bit), but soon, sooon, they will be mine!

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
LOL, that explains why the companion mini can't reach his chin and re-create the pose from the art

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
So, they finished shipping yesterday. Got my shipping notice yesterday - lol, just my luck :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oXzLM6hhn0

Ah well, they're on the way now. Bones II: The Bonesening has been announced, but I think my first package will overwhelm my storage ability already, so I don't think I'll be buying in, though I will keep an eye on it. Unless they're bringing out a line of terrain....hmmmm.....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Dave and I met about 2/3 of those people saying thank you during our tour and they are intact that friendly. GREAT group of people.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Lol, I was right that I was near last:

I was trying to work out why there was a Nethyrmaul in there, and then I found the note :victory:

Ya know, I was just starting to get the itch in the last couple of weeks wondering why my stuff wasn't here yet (I'm generally a pretty patient person), but this has definitely made up for it! :eek:k:

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
I've not got mine yet so maybe I'll get pressies too ! ?

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
I wondered why USPS is so cheap as compared to Auspost

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Got my second box of stuff (lots of cases, second vampire for a friend and a bunch of extras). Things to note:

- Not one missing mini - very impressive considering the number of minis we sorted!

- Not one extra mini (save the free Nethyrmaul of course!).

- Nearly half of the minis will probably need boiling - which shouldn't take long, and they need to be washed anyway.

- Only about half the minis fit into the carry cases slots. Cutting out two by two squares (a sharp knife makes this very easy) in various combinations fit most of the rest of the Vampire stuff, besides the big stuff (Giants, Griffon, mechani-ape and a few others).

- Nethyrmaul and Cuthulu are big.

- Kaladrax, however, is HUGE. Seriously HUGE.

- The number of little baggies is ridiculous, get a large rubbish bag.

Only issues were one model with a nose missing (she looked like Voldemort) and a hand off one of the green ghosty things, neither of which I would have bothered about replacing except that my friends Clockwork Dragon was missing a shoulder shield, so we'll probably get them replaced at the same time.

Overall, I'm really really happy with everything.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
And still I wait by the window

Maybe today ?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
And still I wait by the window

Maybe today ?
Check your tracking number, see if it tells you where it is. Of course, some times packages can be funny in their timing - I had two packages, and they came 3 business days apart, despite arriving in Australia at the same time - of course, the second package was much larger, so maybe it needed to be processed differently.

201 - 216 of 216 Posts