Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ainbow-back-for-every-child-everywh?ref=users
Goal: 1 Million (Funded, currently at 3.7 million)
Close date: 2 July 2014

Hi. LeVar Burton here. You may know me as Kunta Kinte, from ROOTS, or Geordi La Forge, from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

You also may have grown up with me on Reading Rainbow.

It was my mother who taught me that, by picking up a book, I could "go anywhere" and "be anything." Ever since Reading Rainbow began in 1983, I have dedicated myself to fostering a love of reading in children, just as my mother did for me.

Over the past year, I have watched Kickstarter bring communities together to support artists and inventors. Again and again, I have been inspired by watching like-minded people team up to accomplish impossible dreams, and to change the world.

Now, I am hoping you will join me on my mission: to bring Reading Rainbow back for every child, everywhere.

OP Note:
This is a show that I grew up with and had a HUGE impact on getting me to read. This is a show that is wholesome and good for kids to watch. No drama, political, sex, or any of that stuff. In case you don't know the show: The host (Levarr Burton) talks about books for kids. He breaks down a books story, gets you all excited about it, and then you feel like you just have to read it!
Granted, this isn't the normal KS that we see on here. I just wanted to put this up because it's something good in the world. It's something that we can support to make the world just a little bit better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts