Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a tutorial on how to re-positioning marine legs? I have some of the original forgeworld MKIV models and three of their legs are rather static and I was thinking of making them more dynamic, but I'd could use some tips on how to do it, so I was looking for a tutorial.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A lot of people will say to clip and reposition then do the Greenstuff, but Ive found back in the 4h ed Nid codex with my old metal Hive Tyrant, using balrog wings I took my lighter, quickly heated up the joint of the wing, in your case the knees, and slowly bent into position. I found that if you heat it to much the plastic will get real stringy and smell a lot and if you bend it too fast it will kill the detail. Take it nice and slow and that is how I would do mine.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's awesome thanks! and yeah I could of used google...but where's the social aspect in just googling everything :p

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
That's awesome thanks! and yeah I could of used google...but where's the social aspect in just googling everything :p
Google saves you time, then you can go to the pub :wink:

I haven't been very ambitious with the guide yet, but it does work a treat. Good luck with your posing :victory:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I normally do it like the tute linked above, but others i cut the knee pad and the joint out so the legs in 3 pieces and work with them and green stuff to get exta tilt and angles on the joints :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Not sure that will work with forgeworld bits as it's resin :(
I had a fine cast sorcerer who had a bend sword. I held a hair dryer towards it on hot for about 20 seconds and bent it straight, switched to cold and it hardened up again.

You could give it a go with the FW resin. It's a thicker resin so may take longer to heat but worth a shot.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks Sexy ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts