Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I'm back I think it is time for me to start one of theses project logs. This Army is going to be mostly CSM with some Renegade guard as allies. Pictures will be uploaded as soon as possible.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
ooo i like a good project log, maybe some more information would be cool though, what scheme you going with, maybe a list whats to come, and general ideas for the army like what god there gonna follow ect

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Okay, pictures should be up in several hours, but here is what I have so far....

1 Ahriman
2 Sorcs
40 Thousand sons including the Aspirings Sorcs
9 Havocs
2 Heldrakes
1 Predator
3 obliterators
And for guard I have a rogue psyker and a 20+ squad

·
Registered
313 Posts
I can surely appreciate a force of Rubricae, so I will probably be watching this as it goes on.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, due to some events I really wasn't able to paint or anything the past couple of months, but now that I have some free time I can do some painting ;). I also got myself an airbrush so I'm going to have to practice a little with it. Some pics will be up within the next few days hopefully.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay got some pics of a few termies I got and one of my heldrake. These are just the base colors I painted on them. I still need to wash and highlight. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks I'll be able to get a chaos sorc in termi armor and a defiler for my army. Im planning on going to a 1750 point tournament on feb 22.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay so I got myself a defiler and a lord/sorc box set. I also got a few Dark Angel bits from a friend and decided to make a fallen as one of my chaos sorcerers in termi armor to give my army a little more flavor. I can't figure out a name for him. Any ideas are welcome.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To tell you the truth I really don't know where it came from. I just got a bunch of skulls from my friend's bits box. Judging from the size of the skull I would guess that it possibly came from an Ogre Kingdoms box.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hm, that skull I'd say is probably from some Beastmen kit (have quite a lot of them), think it was the new Bestigor box.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I finally have some free time to upload the pictures of the models I took to a competition a couple weeks ago. Please note that I only put the base colors on them and I'm still working on them. The Thousand Sons unit that has silver trim will be Ahriman's guard. I am still working on a defiler, a heldrake, and two rhinos. I'm thinking about getting more cultists in the near future.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have myself a WIP that I'm stuck on. I'm trying to think about what I want to give him for his other arm and try to add a little something to his mutated arm. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well, that depends I suppose on what exactly he is supposed to be. I mean, is it a Possessed, a Chosen, or perhaps a CSM champion? Some nice gun might fit on the right arm I think, maybe you could convert a fancy flamer (like from the Raptor one) and count him as a Burning Brand Lord?

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Saint's idea is a good one.

I think I'd personally give him a sword arm, with the sword held horizontally. I would angle the sword slightly down so the tip is pointing gently at the ground.

The mutated arm . . . Hmmm. I think I would sculpt some flames in the hand. So he is looking at the fire he has conjured. And if needed, that fire could count as a Burning Brand.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts