Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now that I'm done with that commission I can now get back to my shit! This year I'll be working on Skyrar's Dark Wolves and a couple other armies that r on the back burner right now. For my dark wolves you'll see some models that r from my prodigal sons army. Well that army has been 70% stripped (mostly cultists) and added to this army. Been doing a lot of converting and green stuffing as of late and It's exhausting. Should have some photos up in a day or 2.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Alright, good to see you back again Ravion. Look forward to those pictures.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well after a couple days of converting my army I learned one thing. Sculpting fur continuously is a bitch! Anyways......... here are some of models in my army.
The sorc is a work in progress. I'd say he's 70% done. The chosen champion from the dark vengeance box just needs a backpack now. My 5 champions for the troops turned out pretty good. and finally a couple pics of the troops.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Excellent work as ever Rav. That particular helmet that you've kept common is one of my particular favourites, do you want me to send you two more to hollow out and attach to the hips of your helmetless pair?

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
The dashboard in their rhino has GOT to be furry!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Nice work there mate! :good:

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Some good sculpts and poses here--looking forward to seeing more as the army comes along!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yeah, probably going to greenstuff some more fur on some other minis sometime. I got a helbrute to fully magnetize (thanks for the tutorial @Nordicus) and add some furr to it as well. I'm giving this one sentinel legs w/some dark elder bits for leg armor. I also am waiting on an order of 32mm bases for my marines and a couple Iron Warriors upgrade packs to give my army a bit of a archaic feel to it. Hopefully they come in soon so I can start painting.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Helbrute is almost fully built. just got to let some green stuff dry. Should have pics of him soon. Now I'm working on a decimator engine. That too will be magnetized so I can switch out its weapons.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So here are the models so far. The helbrute arms have all been magnetized. I even made it so I can switch out the bolters on the arms. The legs came from an IG sentinel. I'll probably use the rest of the sentinel on my display board for tournies. Got the torso and the weapons magnetized for the decimator so I can switch them out. One of them is from another decimator my friend gave me. Still trying to fix it so I can use it as well and Finally I made some mission objective tokens. Each of them is numbered using skulls.

Attachments

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Out-fucking-standing! That's a pretty cool use of those legs :good:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Brutewalker is insanely cool, but honestly I love the objective markers most of all! That is such a cool way of representing them.
Well with all the comments that I've gotten from my helbrute conversions I probably should go and buy 4 more of them sometime.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Okay so I got most of the models base coated with dark sea grey from Model Air and I like the look so far. The blue trim will be Caledor Sky, chaos iconography will be either Mephiston Red or bloody red from Model Air, and I'll be painting the skin from the gw tutorial vid for painting Wraacks. Don't know about the Fur yet. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ugh! I feel burnt out from the commission a while back but I got a tournament in one and a half months. Plenty of time to get what I'm taking there fully painted.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts