Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so there is a call for more content...and as i keep saying somebody should put their hand up ill put my money were my mouth is...

so im calling for volunteers to help write a Full Ravenwing tactica...
Why? pretty simple its hard to find information on how to run a full ravenwing list.

so who would like to help?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Are you talking no allies or formations or DW anything? I'm building a RW force that has 20+ bikes and Storm Wing formation and I would be happy to write that up when I start running it. Also got another list that'll be all bikes and two Knights.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
hey ya ive got a full ravenwing army that includes 30 bikes , ive not played the army as of yet but would be very intrested in reading some tactica for them , ive read some on other sites and there some really useful stuff there.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you talking no allies or formations or DW anything? I'm building a RW force that has 20+ bikes and Storm Wing formation and I would be happy to write that up when I start running it. Also got another list that'll be all bikes and two Knights.
well im looking at running it with the storm wing too.. but still trying to keep it mainly bikes ..

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so a quick update had a game today allied with death wing knights...totally rubbish..but my bad rolling haha...the storm wing just works awsome! i didnt get to try in with the sponson and the BOD as it didnt come in till t3 and my banner was already dead..
what i have found is that im feeling the points i spent on the Deatwing knights could go batter towards another command squad and a Chaplin(just to add some punch in combat) maybe giving him the mace of redemtion with auspex and maybe pfg..i use the command squad as it cheaper does the same job but can have apothecary etc..
hopefully ill get to test this tomorow and let you know

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
ok had a game today against a greyknight list quite paladin heavy
my list
HQ
Sammael- corvex
Ravenwing command squad #1- 5xbikes, apothecary, ravenwing company banner, grenade launcher

libby-lvl 1, bike, auspex, digital weapons
Ravenwing command squad#2- 5 bikes, grenade launcher

TROOPS

Ravenwing attack squadron#1
6xbikes-2xmelta
attack bike-multi melta
landspeeder typhoon

Ravenwing attack squadron#2
6xbikes-2xplasma guns
attack bike-multi melta
landspeeder typhoon

Ravenwing attack squadron
6xbikes-2xflamers
attack bike- heavy bolter
landspeeder typhoon

FAST

ravenwing darkshroud

ok I won this game by turn 4, plasma taLONs and grenade launcher working in tandam to ID paladins was awesome, they just couldn't touch me keeping out of range and picking off my targets with ease, I had some problems with his stormraven but managed to ignore it mostly and use speed to stay out his los until I was ready to plasma talon it to death, the banner I took was the ravenwing company banner which allowed me to hit and run with no test, I used this tactic, so I witiled a unit down to like 3 guys with talons, assaulted and tried to just hold them there until the end of their turn to avoid me being shot at then hit and run out ready to shoot in my next turn , worked well but had to really chooses targets well.

in this game I combat squaded my bikes which worked really well gave the enemy a lot more to shoot and I think overall reduced my losses, used my typhoon speeders to hold back field objectives and fire of from afar, with my attack bikes I outflanked and killed a LRC thanks to a lucky roll of a 6 to chooses my side I come on, but overall im impressed how the forces works well together and would like to try and see how deathwing work with them soon.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
so here was todays list and it was brutal..
hq: sammy
chaplin bike..sword of redemption
2 x 5 man command squad apothecary GL

6 x bike squa 2 x melta
AB melta
Landspeeder MM/MM

6 x bike squa 2 x flamers
AB melta
Landspeeder MM/MM

Stormwing + sponsons
still had 38 point to spend not sure what to spend it on.

basically i combat squaded everything i could..out flanked 1 squad of melta and kept one squad of 3 in reserve..scouted everything up.
the Chaplin and the command squad was devastating..just tore though units an expensive squad but very effective!.

the storm wing was excellent as usual and the bolters with BOD was just pure overkill.
this list is great i really,liked it..the only thing for me now is maybe to drop the banner of dev..is pretty hard to keep things together to get the benefit and its not worth it for just the stormraven.
it might just by my deployment..but im thinking the banner of fortitude may be better not really save me many points but ill give it a try.

what to you guys think about the banners?
the one i really want is the darkangel banner +a but cant take it:(

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Hmmm that looks like a mean list alright! I haven't played against DA Ravenwing with flyer support, but in smaller point games my guard were having a little trouble dealing with all the T5 (except for battlecannons, of course) and in larger games I really had to focus on killing all the bikes with plasma or tanks before they could get close enough to act as beacons for the deathwing terminators - who make a right mess out of a guard army, let me tell you. Haven't seen the banner in action sorry, so I can't relate any experience to that.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm that looks like a mean list alright! I haven't played against DA Ravenwing with flyer support, but in smaller point games my guard were having a little trouble dealing with all the T5 (except for battlecannons, of course) and in larger games I really had to focus on killing all the bikes with plasma or tanks before they could get close enough to act as beacons for the deathwing terminators - who make a right mess out of a guard army, let me tell you. Haven't seen the banner in action sorry, so I can't relate any experience to that.
The banner can be hit and miss...i mean in the sense of its pros and cons...its pretty expensive firstly..and you have to keep your guys fairly close to really get the benefit to it.
it also becomes a major bullet magnet..and the command squad is expensive aswell so you need to learn to protect that unit or lose it pretty quick.

on the other hand..if i see you....haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts