Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Limited edition? God dammit, give me a break.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Excited? No. Interested? Yes. I'll be getting this but it isn't something to get worked up about in my opinion.

(Wish George Mann would take over writing about the Raven Guard, his depiction of them is the very best in BL.)

LotN

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Gav's writing

Purging of Kadillus

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Gav's writing

Purging of Kadillus
So? What's your point?

LotN

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
While I can see and agree with why some hate his work, I have really enjoyed his RG HH work so far. Deliverance Lost was very good IMO.

However, this constant drip of limited edition bullshit is driving me more and more to less than legal means of picking up BL stuff.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
While I can see and agree with why some hate his work, I have really enjoyed his RG HH work so far. Deliverance Lost was very good IMO.
I'm with Angel. Among other things, Deliverance Lost butchered the Alpha Legion.

However, this constant drip of limited edition bullshit is driving me more and more to less than legal means of picking up BL stuff.
I resorted to that a long time ago. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
It's awful, is what I think he was going for.
Why is it bad?

I'm with Angel. Among other things, Deliverance Lost butchered the Alpha Legion.
I liked the AL in Deliverance Lost. They seemed like a great Legion of spymasters that had a distinct and unique way of going about things. Could have used some more unique characters but other then that I liked them.

My favourite AL piece has to be The Serpent Beneath for showing the greatest strength and greatest weakness of the Legion in one story. They are the best spies/black ops warriors in the Imperium, and they are too good at it for their own good.

I resorted to that a long time ago. :laugh:
Same here. :eek:k:

LotN

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gav was at Black Library Live and talked a bit about this project. Effectively this is a direct follow up to Soulforge and details a guerilla war that the Raven Guard are conducting against the traitors, and in this case the Sons of Horus themselves, Gav akined it to the saying "Down but not out" or words to that effect. This is also Part 2 in a Novella trilogy detailing the Raven Guard after Deliverance lost (With soul forge being part one). Also as a last note when this is released limited they should also be releasing the normal edition of Soulforge at the same time for people to get caught up.

Also while on the topic of Novella's, John French is also writing a sequel to Tallaran Executioner for the end of this year, but if that's part of a Trilogy or not I don't know.

Also Graham McNeill is writing an exclusive novella but as he said to me "I have no idea what about yet", personally I hope its about tieing up the Ancient Rylanor loose end from Fulgrim that I mentioned to him during a q/a and he said he "Had Ideas for involving James (I presume Swallow).

·
Registered
364 Posts
Fully agree with Angel of Blood - Deliverance Lost butchered the Alpha Legion :( The best AL in HH, up to this date is 'Serpent beneath'

·
Registered
327 Posts
Graham has mentioned doing a Novella on the destruction of Olympia, so it could be that. The Rylanor situation needs to be addressed as well.

I’m also sick of the rip off limited edition crap. If they want to do Novella’s fine, just bin the rip off limited edition.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts