Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had the opportunity to do a power armoured army recently - the Raven Guard.

The black armour is sometimes tricky to be painted right. I hope you like this army of the Ravens – the idea behind it was the Astartes army silently walking under a full moon's shine, illuminated by the lunar light.

Take the closer look at each unit and vehicle by clicking the army photo below!

Wow is the army appearing to you?

Get your miniatures painted by us!
Our Gallery
Sign-up for our WEEKLY NEWSLETTER!
Painting tutorials

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Great work guys.

How do you feel about this work? I think that whilst your blending and colour gradients are undoubtedly first class, the undrilled weapons take away some of the cool feeling from the list, and the blue lights aren't particularly distinguishable from the greys (in the photos, mind you). On the bright side again, you've done really well to capture the Ravenguard aesthetic and feel!

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
This is a great paint scheme. Black can be tricky to paint and I think you did a great job with it. It is almost gray scale but done to a high degree. The gun barrels not drilled out is a small detail that would have been nice to see but I also understand you are a business and time is money and with the nice detail of the paint job you invested in the correct thing. Great paint I really like the biker the snow stuck on the tire gives a sense of motion and the graduated hightlights are top notch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts