Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is a list I thought about on my drive in to work today and I'm curious as to other opinions on it.

HQ 185
Shrike

Troops 390
Scouts
Scouts
Scouts w/ML & Flakk
Scouts w/ML & Flakk
Scouts w/5 SR
Scouts w/5 SR

Elite 750
Vanguard w/2 PW
Vanguard w/2 PW
Vanguard w/2 PW

Fast 675
Assault Squad w/2 PP & PF

Ok, there are 5 Marines to each Scout Squad and 10 Marines to each Vanguard and Assault Squad.
Shrike will join a Vanguard Squad.
I think its an interesting 2K list, but, I'm curious to other thoughts.
As always, C&C is welcome :)

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Interesting that Jump troops, being Bulky, cannot be eligible for the Strike From the Shadows Chapter Tactic. Never noticed that before, but it also means that that rule is being sorely under-used in a Scout/Jump army. You have no answer for AV14 outside of four Power Fists, I've ruined armies because of that before. Literally, just a Redeemer left running amok and completely unstoppable. Really, you don't have much anti-armour outside of Krak grenades. I'd include the Scouts with MLs in this, truly I'd rather see some Camo on them than that one BS3 shot that can't even blow a tank up with the luckiest of dice. As long as you're not facing much in the way of AV11+ vehicles this would be a pretty fun list to play.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting that Jump troops, being Bulky, cannot be eligible for the Strike From the Shadows Chapter Tactic. Never noticed that before, but it also means that that rule is being sorely under-used in a Scout/Jump army. You have no answer for AV14 outside of four Power Fists, I've ruined armies because of that before. Literally, just a Redeemer left running amok and completely unstoppable. Really, you don't have much anti-armour outside of Krak grenades. I'd include the Scouts with MLs in this, truly I'd rather see some Camo on them than that one BS3 shot that can't even blow a tank up with the luckiest of dice. As long as you're not facing much in the way of AV11+ vehicles this would be a pretty fun list to play.
Well, fun is the goal. I'm not overtly concerned with the competitive side as this popped in my head while driving to work today. I suppose some melts could go in there or possibly drop a scout squad or two to add more punch to higher AV targets.

·
Registered
90 Posts
A very interesting list indeed! I like it a lot.
However, as it has been said before by myself and others, Shrike is not worth his points. You can get the same loadout on a vanilla captain and have access to more options such as artificer armour while still being cheaper. He is one of the only named characters in the book who has no buffs to the army, just him and a single squad.

I'd be tempted to run librarians with jump packs and roll on telepathy. Invisibility would be really useful for getting some of the jump packs up the board.

As Ntaw says, armour is going to be a real problem for this list. The scouts squads are really odd as well, going for numbers over toys can sometimes work, but feel you could do more with them. Why not try going landspeeder storms with multi-meltas for the naked scouts and give them a meltabomb/combi-melta? Has worked great for me in past. Outflank the storms, rocket on from the side and take the heavy tanks by surprise. If the storms get taken out and you still have some scouts alive, charge in with krak grenades, you should be close enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts