Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I agree with a lot of the points you make in your review. I do think it’s slightly harsh though. I did think it was better that Promethean Sun and Feat of Iron (I hated both). I’d give Scorched Earth 3.5/10.
I would argue that the difference between 1 and 3.5 is merely technical.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Death of Antagonis - 6/10
The majority of the book was really good, but the ending kinda killed the overall score for me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Horus Rising, 4/10
Rereading it did not help, still do not like it. I blame the bloody remembrancers.

Lords of Mars, 7.9/10
Felt like a proper change of pace compared to the usual 40k books, can not wait for the last one.

Death of Integrity, 7.8/10
Terminators, Genestealers, Space Hulk, Mechanicus, what's not to like? Really liked the Blood Drinkers parts. :)

Angel Exterminatus, 6/10
Felt this one was enjoyable enough.

Brothers of the Snake, 6/10
Enjoyable enough, though I do question the wisdom of space marines using lances to fight orks.. oh well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Finished Hellsreach and Blood & Fire.
Hellsreach - 6 , feels incompleted, many gaps in storyline, whole book reminds classical 90-2000's action movie.
Blood & Fire - 9 , bright contrast after Hellsreach - story, plots and mysteries mixed with action, blood and some humor.

·
Registered
688 Posts
You know, I'm going to go the same but I'm giving helsreach a 7. For all the flaws I thought the sheer scale of Armageddon was brought across really well and the sheer magnitude of the fighting really hit home.

Blood and fire I too give a 9. Epic carnage with an emotional undercurrent. Very "forlorn hope".

Next up. Vulkan Lives.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yarrick: Chains of Golgotha - 9 (-1 book is awesome but only 120 pages :<)

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
The Unremembered Empire - 9.5/10.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Pandorax - 5.5/10
Trials of Azrael - 7/10
Macragge‘s Honour - 9.5/10

·
Registered