Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
What do you think of Nick Kyme's work in the past?
My opinions on his work are mixed. Perfection was quite good, Fall of Damnos was a sort of good read and I somewhat liked Assault on Black Reach back in the day. Censure was bad and Promethean Sun was utter and complete shit. Cannot get worse than that. Salamander was somewhat ok.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My opinions on his work are mixed. Perfection was quite good, Fall of Damnos was a sort of good read and I somewhat liked Assault on Black Reach back in the day. Censure was bad and Promethean Sun was utter and complete shit. Cannot get worse than that. Salamander was somewhat ok.
I've listened to Perfection which was different, really enjoyed it. Ehem, Salamanders was ok, it didn't really work for me... the final battle in the third book was... wtf moment!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Path of the Incubus - 7/10

Good book. The Eldar felt a but too human, but... it has me wanting to buy Dark Eldar models, so it's done its job. Must... resist...

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Vulcan Lives! 6/10.

There's only a few other books in the series I'd rate less, namely BftA and the DA books. It just didn't seem to flow very well, and I didn't like the first person angle for Vulcan. Grammaticus seemed to have been watered down considerably from Legion as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Or he just has a different taste than you do.
Nail on the head. Getting sick of people looking down on others because they liked something they did not.

Everyone is different, if everyone was Alan Shearer then the world would be a boring place.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Flesh of Cretacia, 2/10.
Book about nothing, written for sleepwalkers. They found a planet - hurray.

Scorched Earth, 1/10
Exactly for the same reasons Nineswords has told you

Vulcan Lives! 5/10
Meh! Hello Heracles

Priests of Mars - Lord of Mars - 9/10 - 8/10
Awesome novels, and very unwarhammeristic in it. Joy to read - feelings like, when you first time read Eisenhorn trilogy =) So, strangely Graham McNeil could write superb stuff if he wants it. And i began to worry after Angel Exterminatus.

City of the Damned - 7/10
Delightful story, with great timespan stuff, some superb characters, and some not so well written. But the main problem of this novel - if you compare it to Road of Skulls or Zombieslayer, you will understand - that David Guymer writing style is very hard to cope with.

Scars: - 9/10
7 episodes into it - and yes - one of the best HH to date. Last episode flashback about the meeting with Morti, that's was amazing:laugh: And yes - Russ is a pussy :laugh:

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Nail on the head. Getting sick of people looking down on others because they liked something they did not.

Everyone is different, if everyone was Alan Shearer then the world would be a boring place.
Yes, I was clearly looking down on him. You go, you paragon of the people!

21 - 40 of 340 Posts