Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not totally sure. The logical intent in me says yes, seeing as how combi-meltas and combi-plasma guns have the same cost (why would you pay the same points for a gun with lower strength and AP that overheats), but the technical wording (in its traditionally unclear English linguistics) indicates that a combi-weapon's special shot may only be fired once per battle. Is there a ruling for this?

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Yes you may rapid fire the plasma part once per game. It follows all the rules for a plasma weapon so that includes rapid firing and all the rules that go along with that.

And as to why? Thats 2 chances at killing something rather 1 or should I say a chance to kill 2 models rather than 1. Especially since you can give it to BS 5 guys who hit on a 2+. Give it to a guy in Terminator armor and use it prior to assualting someone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for clarifying. As for the why, I was asking under the hypothetical assumption that the plasma gun could only fire once. I was entertaining the question because I have yet to see a chaos terminator squad that uses combi-plasma guns (and, thinking that they would seem pretty good at 35pts with a power weapon and deepstrike into 2 plasma shots, I assumed that they'd not allowed that). Essentially I am going to be making combi-plasma guns for a bunch of my chaos terminators (there's no chaos term bit for it), and don't want to light my time on fire by giving them a useless upgrade. Thanks again!

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Yep it works. Just dont kill the unit you wish to assualt before you actually assualt them! lol

Have fun and good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts