Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1101 - 1113 of 1113 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Yes, there are.

Also these guys.

Besides those if your a human and you live in the Imperium and it comes to light that you do not believe in the God-Emperor, savior of Mankind, you get introduced to Mr. Bolter real quick.

Or your a Xeno and deserve to die.

----

In short "no".

The Imperium is perhaps the WORST place to live in, there are a lot of similarities between it and every vile dictatorship, religion, politician and what not. There is no such thing as liberty, free speech, free choice, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Makes senes, it was just something that cropped up from time to time in the back of my mind and figured it couldn't hurt to just ask. Though now I'm interested in the Gue'vesa.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Figured this would be a good place for this question. Is it correct to assume hat there are 'secular' people in the 40k setting? I mean like they don't actively worship the Emperor, but they don't deny him either. Or they're not Chaos, but they don't really care much about the Emperor either? I'm hoping that makes more sense than it sounds.
I imagine there is always those kinds of people (but most often fall into the clutches of Chaos).

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I imagine that on far-flung outposts where there is not much input from the Imperium, the Emperor is sort of forgotten about as there are other things on their minds. Food, drink, staying alive etc...

·
Registered
455 Posts
How strong and tough is power armor? I keep hearing stories that it can shrug off a ton of crap, making it look indestructible, but then I hear that a f-ing shuriken pistol can punch a hole in it.
Power armour is strong enough to stop everything except shuriken pistol shots. This is because Eldar are majik!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Navy Commissars?

I am doing a short story in Original Works (everyone should have a look at this section in Heresy). It involves a Navy ship, well actually a Battlebarge to be more precise. Putting aside any Chaplains that may be on the command deck, (let's say that they have the day off), and the fact that the personnel are Navy and not Guard etc. (who have Commissars to keep the faith), who watches over the Navy?
Who are the dedicated servants who keep watch over the weak and administer the Emperor's grace if the need should arrive?

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
It involves a Navy ship, well actually a Battlebarge to be more precise.
Battlebarges are ships used by Space Marine chapters, the Imperial Navy does not have or use them.

who watches over the Navy?
The commissariat is a special branch of the Departmento Munitorum who are responsible for enforcing discipline and devotion within the ranks of both the Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy (in addition to the Planetary Defense Force.)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Battlebarges are ships used by Space Marine chapters, the Imperial Navy does not have or use them.

The commissariat is a special branch of the Departmento Munitorum who are responsible for enforcing discipline and devotion within the ranks of both the Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy (in addition to the Planetary Defense Force.)
Thanks. I dropped the Navy part and made them Chapter Auxiliaries. Then I brought the Chaplain back from his break to administer justice!

1101 - 1113 of 1113 Posts