Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

981 - 1000 of 1113 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
The Imperium is also, arguably, more advanced than the Tau. While Tau tech is shiny and clean and very 'modern' looking, they don't outperform the Imperium in many areas, and those in which they do are due to scale.

borrowed Age of darkness from the library and read the first story about the smurfs(forgot what it was called)

1. What on earth was going on? Ultramarines vs salamanders Guilliman is Horus da fuck?
i know it must have been a simulator of some sort but. da fuck?? i struggled to follow along with the story. was that a simulator?
Yes it was a simulation.

You'll notice 'dead' marines getting back up after the fighting, 'casualties' moaning about how it's their turn to be the dead ones and they're using altered bolters. The other legions were costumed Ultramarines.

As COTE said it was a field testing of the Codex Astartes, making sure his legion could handle other legions in the field. Being a time of confusion and shifting loyalties he tested it against loyalist legions aswell, it being best to be prepared.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
In terms of the Imperial Hierarchy and the Inquisition then Chaos is probably perceived as the greatest threat. It's the enemy within as well as without.

It was Chaos which turned Horus, who turns Astartes, that causes secret cults to ferment and planets to rebel, Chaos which posses psykers and corrupts the mind and soul. Chaos is the cancerous underbelly gnawing at the Imperium. The High Lords of Terra live in fear of Abaddon finally reuniting all the Legions and renegades and overwhelming Cadia.

In local areas there may be greater, or more pressing threats but for the leaders of the Imperium and the empire in general it's Chaos.

@Vaz, why would Maccrage hold the Dark Eldar to be a sever threat?

·
Registered
272 Posts
my guess is that it'll be sometime next year..the siege of terra should get a huge book of short stories that tie in into the final book that is basically just the emperor's fall and interrment after he kicks horus off existence..

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
In the new rulebook, there's a section on exterminatus (don't have it to hand so I can't provide a page reference). It describes each Imperial faction as having their own method e.g. Cyclonic torpedos, mass bombardment etc.
Howeverm it describes Astartes exterminatus as being delivered to the surface by a team of Space Marines. I've never heard of such an event occurring, while the closest I can think of are the Deathwatch's seek and destroy missions against Hive Fleets. Does anyone know of an instance where this form of exterminatus was used?

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Pg 154 and it talks about an "Exterminatus Device" being set on the surface.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
my guess is that it'll be sometime next year..the siege of terra should get a huge book of short stories that tie in into the final book that is basically just the emperor's fall and interrment after he kicks horus off existence..
I'd put a significant amount of money on the series finishing much later than next year.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
In the book A Thousand Sons, we get to see the psykers of the Legion are lead by some sort of mentor which people explained later on to actually be daemons in disguise. I dont have the book at hand here, but could someone please tell me what they are called? :)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
In the book A Thousand Sons, we get to see the psykers of the Legion are lead by some sort of mentor which people explained later on to actually be daemons in disguise. I dont have the book at hand here, but could someone please tell me what they are called? :)
Been trying to remember for about 3 hours now...

They were Tutelaries!

:victory:

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Warlord of Vermin
882 Posts
i want to get in the ciphias cain and gaunts ghosts series

what order does the gaunts ghosts series ,by dan i think, go in

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
You'd probably be best off getting the omnibi for Gaunt's Ghosts. The first omnibus collects the first three novels--First & Only, Ghostmaker, and Necropolis--and is called The Founding. You can find reviews and the like in the Black Library section of the forums.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
So I'm thinking of putting together a Malcharion Dreadnought and I was wondering what type of weapons he has on his arms. As I understand from Void Stalker is that he at least carries a heavy bolter? Is it something any of you would like to expand upon and tell me?

·
Registered
34 Posts
According to the novel Soul Hunter, Malcharion is armed with an autocannon.

981 - 1000 of 1113 Posts