Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

961 - 980 of 1113 Posts

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
1. does sanguinius have black hair or blonde hair....i thought he always had black, but in art he is shown to have long blond hair
Most sources show him with blonde hair, although there was a bit of confusion when one or two Heresy novels claimed he had dark hair. I believe Fear to Tread - as the most recent source - portrays him with blonde hair though.

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
I read that Tzeentch was once the most powerful of the Chaos gods, but the other three teamed up, defeated him and broke his staff. However, I would assume this took place before the Fall of the Eldar. Therefore, did Slaanesh actually exist at this point, or is this part of the paradox of Slaanesh having always existed, but was also born as a result of the Fall?

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
I read that Tzeentch was once the most powerful of the Chaos gods, but the other three teamed up, defeated him and broke his staff. However, I would assume this took place before the Fall of the Eldar. Therefore, did Slaanesh actually exist at this point, or is this part of the paradox of Slaanesh having always existed, but was also born as a result of the Fall?
It's all a massive incomprehensible paradox. :wacko:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Is there a chart that shows how big vehicles are compared to humans?
In the Imperial codecies there's a schematic of a man, or Space Marine, next to each tank, you could extrapolate from there.

Forge World's Imperial Armour books have actual to scale schemetics and written sizes though. A Land Raider for instance is 4.11 meters high, 6.1m in width and 10.3m long. Significantly larger than a M1 Abrams.

Were there any particular vehicles you were after? I'd be happy to look their sizes up for you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
In the Imperial codecies there's a schematic of a man, or Space Marine, next to each tank, you could extrapolate from there.

Forge World's Imperial Armour books have actual to scale schemetics and written sizes though. A Land Raider for instance is 4.11 meters high, 6.1m in width and 10.3m long. Significantly larger than a M1 Abrams.

Were there any particular vehicles you were after? I'd be happy to look their sizes up for you.

Thanks! What is the size of a standard Baneblade? I ask because in Angel of Fire it says that a normal man would shatter his legs if he jumped off of the top.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
A Baneblade is 6.3m high. I'm not sure if that includes the turret though. It's hull is also 13.5m long, 8.4m wide and weighs 320 tons. That's a big tank. Hell 6m is the height of your average two story house.

If you don't land well i could see that distance breaking your legs.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I've always found it hard to believe that 10 fully armored marines could fit into this sardine can!:biggrin: I think they should be represented as a bit larger!

·
Registered
175 Posts
A Baneblade is 6.3m high. I'm not sure if that includes the turret though. It's hull is also 13.5m long, 8.4m wide and weighs 320 tons. That's a big tank. Hell 6m is the height of your average two story house.

If you don't land well i could see that distance breaking your legs.

Geez... Now it makes sense how the thing has corridors and separate rooms etc.

·
Registered
279 Posts
1. why does Abaddon look down on Horus?

2. would a SM legion (pre-heresy) obey another primarch orders..... that isn't there own primarch

so for instance would the ultramarines listen to an order by sanguinius.... say guillaman wasn't there for some reason..... would they obey sangquinius..

·
Registered
936 Posts

2. would a SM legion (pre-heresy) obey another primarch orders..... that isn't there own primarch

so for instance would the ultramarines listen to an order by sanguinius.... say guillaman wasn't there for some reason..... would they obey sangquinius..

Abaddon looks at horus as a pawn of the gods, used. He had the heresy won and he let that slip from his grasp. Abaddon doesn't think he is anyone's fool like horus was.

Other legions would listen to other primarchs, some to different degrees I'm sure, but in the end, all the primarchs are generals to the same force leader and more or less had the same intent.

·
Registered
279 Posts
1. in the 13th black crusade..... we know abaddon is leading it... what about the daemon princes (the former primarchs) that are still alive... are the aiding abaddon in the crusade as well

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
No, they're not involved.

The only Primarch that we know of who's led campaigns in the materium post heresy is Angron. He couldn't have been involved in the 13th Black Crusade as he was banished after his loss at the First War for Armageddon.

·
Warlord of Vermin
882 Posts
borrowed Age of darkness from the library and read the first story about the smurfs(forgot what it was called)

1. What on earth was going on? Ultramarines vs salamanders Guilliman is Horus da fuck?
i know it must have been a simulator of some sort but. da fuck?? i struggled to follow along with the story. was that a simulator?

2. Do you think there will be a 4th war for armaggedon?

3. is there any horus heresy books based around the salamanders, White scars iron warriors and iron hands?

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
borrowed Age of darkness from the library and read the first story about the smurfs(forgot what it was called)

1. What on earth was going on? Ultramarines vs salamanders Guilliman is Horus da fuck?
i know it must have been a simulator of some sort but. da fuck?? i struggled to follow along with the story. was that a simulator?
Yes, it was a simulator. Rules of Engagement shows the XIII field testing the Codex Astartes.

3. is there any horus heresy books based around the salamanders, White scars iron warriors and iron hands?
IIRC:

The Salamanders do not feature prominently in any novel as of yet, though they do feature in Promethean Sun and one Salamander features in Forgotten Sons.

The Iron Warriors have their own short story in the Age of Darkness compilation, and will feature heavily in the upcoming Angel Exterminatus.

The Iron Hands feature in Fulgrim, Promethean Sun, Feat of Iron and Kryptos. As well as a small role in The Lion.

The White Scars feature minorly in Descent of Angels and Little Horus, but will no doubt get some screen time at some point the future. The current rumour is that Chris Wraight will be writing a White Scars HH novel.

Quite simply, because Horus failed.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
No, they're not involved.

The only Primarch that we know of who's led campaigns in the materium post heresy is Angron. He couldn't have been involved in the 13th Black Crusade as he was banished after his loss at the First War for Armageddon.
Not entirely true, Magnus the Red was involved with sacking Fenris in M.32 as well, but those are the only known instances. Angron is at the moment waiting until he can return and the other Primarchs are just sitting on their asses as they got all the time in the world to do so. :)

961 - 980 of 1113 Posts