Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

501 - 520 of 1113 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Was reading through some Battlefleet Gothic fluff when I noticed it said that the Necrons have been capturing millions of Imperial citizens and vanishing, and nobody knows why they're doing this.

Does anybody know exactly why the Necrons are capturing people?

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
They can harvest the life essence of the living to

1: Feed the star gods.

2: Power their machinery.

3: Awaken dormant necrons.

Essentially, the necrons energy sources consist of leeched energy, from living things or stars, it makes little difference to them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
What is the generally accepted RL languages for high and low gothic?

·
Registered
133 Posts
They can harvest the life essence of the living to

1: Feed the star gods.

2: Power their machinery.

3: Awaken dormant necrons.

Essentially, the necrons energy sources consist of leeched energy, from living things or stars, it makes little difference to them.
I'm surprised this hasn't been delved into some more, the latest Tyranid codex for instance went into detail how they consume a world. I wasn't even aware the Necrons had these human batteries, machines, and etc. for "harvesting the living". I figured the C'tan just ate the souls of those they killed.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
No, the c`tan have no use whatsoever for warp based energy. They do not feed on "souls," they feed on bioelectricity and such.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have seen a rather large amount of questions here and there regarding to sm out of their armour and this made me wonder about the actual process of removing said armour and getting into it. So forgive me if this questions is not as unique as i believe it is but how is the armour placed on the wearer? especially tactical dreadnought armour, i have trouble imagining a single marine getting into it by himself.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Marines are able to remove and don their armour by themselves, but typically they have a team of serfs do it for them. The process takes a while as litanies are chanted and incense burned and other pointless crap.

Terminator armour is a similar process. I have not read it described in detail, but there are multiple steps to putting it on and taking it off.

Spikey would probably know if there`s a more detailed explanation somewhere. :)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #509
I remember reading on LEX about the Sons of Malice and it said the Inquisitor witnessed them usung flesh-eating rituals and thought they were heretics. but then later said that flesh eating rituals were common among SM

I know that the space marines are not in the fullest extent "good guys" but it really seems like a very odd practice. What would be the point of this ritual.

Yes they have other rituals that may seem pointless but they seem relevent like the oath of moment or blessing their armor and holy bolter before going into battle.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Typically something about sharing the bonds of flesh.

The mortifactors like to drink each other`s blood to ascertain which battles they will fight in and to seal pacts and such. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
I remember reading on LEX about the Sons of Malice and it said the Inquisitor witnessed them usung flesh-eating rituals and thought they were heretics. but then later said that flesh eating rituals were common among SM

I know that the space marines are not in the fullest extent "good guys" but it really seems like a very odd practice. What would be the point of this ritual.

Yes they have other rituals that may seem pointless but they seem relevent like the oath of moment or blessing their armor and holy bolter before going into battle.
There is a practical side to SM's eating folks too, they can gather information about their victims through one of the implants they have.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
The Ultramarines novel series has to have logically entered M42 by now; Uriel Ventris is made Captain in 999.M41. No way all that jazz happened inside a year.

Purging of Kallidus is set before Angels of Darkness, IIRC. AoD is set in the aftermath of the Piscina campaign.
Well I finished the novel, in the chapter when Astelan is mentioned, is sounds like it was the latest catch of Fallen, being pretty recent and Boreas the Chaplain survives at the end but only barely!

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Yes, but only if they eat the brain. :)
One of the most retarded peices of fluff they have ever included. It is like they were high off their fucking minds when they made some of this shit up.

(sitting around a table smoking pot)

"Oh, oh, I have an idea..... we should make them eat peoples brains like zombies, that would be neat."

"Oooo, and if they did they learn what the dudes brained knew."

(chorus of pot fueled stupid laughter)

Because 2 ton zombie super soldiers were a good fucking idea.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #515
There is a practical side to SM's eating folks too, they can gather information about their victims through one of the implants they have.
Yes, but only if they eat the brain. :)
:shok:What??? That just sounds soooo stupid
And it is never used in any books or anything so whats the point?
oh well, just another thing to complain about I guess

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
It's used in the Ultramarines book Courage and Honour.
When? I don't recall that.... although that means little since I skimmed that entire book.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Sergeant Learchus eats a tau brain so he learns how to fly a tau skimmer and also learns the codes to access their base I think.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Sergeant Learchus eats a tau brain so he learns how to fly a tau skimmer and also learns the codes to access their base I think.
Ah, see I thought that part was boring so I skipped it. Thank you for that.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #520
Alright I never knew h=they could do that. From now on when I model my marines they will have brain matter dripping from their face grill

501 - 520 of 1113 Posts