Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1113 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have any questions that don't really seem to fit any other threads and feel it wouldn't be worth making a new one just for it? I thought it would be neat to make this thread for everybody so I'll start off...

How long does it aprox take to become a space marine? This includes everything from after being selected until being part ov a chapter. And also, how long do techmarines have to train on Mars?

·
Registered
454 Posts
over 9000 days
That was the answer to which question? :biggrin:

I have one: What would happen if the Navigator Clans rebelled to the imperium? They are the only ones with the mutation, and the "eliminate the infidels" tactic used by the Inquisition would not work in this case..., what do you reckon?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have two:
What is the rate of fire for a standard bolter?

and

I've read about the depleted uranium and what not in the bolter ammunition detonating after penetration and ive also heard bolter ammunition referred to as mini nukes.. Do they full on explode or is it more of a subtle thing?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't think the explosion is as powerful as a nuke, but powerful enough to pulp your innards. Like a small grenade going off inside your chest. If your small enough it may blow you up.

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
Yep, as far as I am aware Bolter ammo is explosive.
I can't point to any definate source but I'm sure I read it in lots of different places that bolter ammunition explodes after penetrating whatever it's been fired at.
Making a bit of a mess.

·
Making Vidya Games
2,027 Posts
How strong and tough is power armor? I keep hearing stories that it can shrug off a ton of crap, making it look indestructible, but then I hear that a f-ing shuriken pistol can punch a hole in it.

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
How strong and tough is power armor? I keep hearing stories that it can shrug off a ton of crap, making it look indestructible, but then I hear that a f-ing shuriken pistol can punch a hole in it.
No armour is completely impervious to damage, it always has weak points.
Suits of power armour are designed to withstand a lot of damage but there will still be areas like the joints where it's hard to give as much protection.
So a SM in power armour could withstand massive amounts of damage as long as that damage hits the right part of the armour, if, on the other hand, a shurikan pistol happens to be targeted at just the right spot the armour becomes useless.

·
Registered
101 Posts
They also have some sort of a sub sonic round for bolters.
Mention of it in HH book False Gods, just before leaving for Davin"s moon.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
if slaanesh is the god of sex why is it that tzeench has a thousand sons? (JK)
What in the hell is plasma actually?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When you kill daemons in the physical universe, they are sent back to the warp and this works also with power weapons. What would happe if a daemon was "killed" in the warp? Would it have to be utterly destroyed?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
When you kill daemons in the physical universe, they are sent back to the warp and this works also with power weapons. What would happe if a daemon was "killed" in the warp? Would it have to be utterly destroyed?
No it would just reform, a lot quicker than it would in the physical plane- the only way a daemon can be truly destroyed is if it's creator-God reabsorbs the energy used to create the daemon in the first place.

1 - 20 of 1113 Posts